For the one who lower their SRT from 1 to 1.5 inches

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, read a lot of the comments about many who are using Motons or KW. I am considering the move but only if I can lower it at least 1 inch but preferably 1.25-1.5.

Some persons are saying it's to low because the tire will rub or camber issue. :confused:

And some time we have pictures of car that are VERY low, is it possible to know from the one who have those VERY low car how happy they are? :laugh: Do they have issues on the street.

If it's Motons which springs and a comparison with the comfort compare to the stock setting.

If it's KW I understand it come with the spring.

Thank you for your help.

SilverViperSRT

Reaction score
We have experimented with the varied ride heights and have done about 30 of the Moton conversions. what we see is that if you go lower than 7/8" rear and 3/4" front you may have rear inner fender contact on the street. If you can live with this you can go lower but risk harming other undercarrige items. As far as the ride we think you will see at a minimum a 50% IMPROVEMENT in the ride and handling of your Viper. With a proper alignment and corner weight the car will also track better and wander less driving down the road. Depending on what springs are chosen you also need to account for settling of the springs that will effectivly lower the car farther. This can typicly be 1/8" - 1/4" more over a couple of weeks.

Mark Jorgensen

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
motons 500lb front 750lb rear

I lowered mine about 1.25 inches...

the rear fender made contact with the tires often, it scraped over speed bumps, scraped when leaving parking lot driveways, the air diffuser scraped when I backed out of my driveway...I don't mind a little rubbing but it was just too much scraping

now I'm at 1 inch all around...has not scraped or rubbed yet though I expect it will on real bad drive ways.

the ride is a bit nicer when on softer settings but it definitly does not ride like a cadillac.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4