For those who drive HARD, how many have spun their Vipers??

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gradually worked my way up to the limits of my RT/10. I finally spun it. There was no traffic, no cars anywhere, just me on a one-way road with a sweeping left turn in it.

When I spun my RT/10 at Moroso I decided to get a GTS for the track. The GTS has seen the grass and kitty litter many times.

Click on the Road Atlanta link for a spinout.
says page cannot be displayed for your video?

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check this out. The spins are at about 1min.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkKsxctt8yE[/media]

How the hell is someone that bad at driving working for Car and Driver? It definitely wasn't on purpose cause you hear him say he's gotta try it again.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome clip, thanks for posting. I like it for the sounds...certainly not the driving!

I did think though that they were trying to get some "drift" footage for the Saturday morning show. Maybe they just really are bad at those corners....

How the hell is someone that bad at driving working for Car and Driver? It definitely wasn't on purpose cause you hear him say he's gotta try it again.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Half spun at Thunderhill. Was just cresting the cyclone when the S2000 in front of me braked really hard. Rear was really light. Half spun left, half spun right, then left again. Never left the track. I looked over at my instructor, expecting a thrashing. He turned to me and calmly said "pass that guy!".
Did spin on track at turn 15 when I did a 2-1 shift accelerating out of the turn.

You should be coming out of 15 in third! :drive::nono:

3d and 4th is all you need at TH.

Dan

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who spins their Viper? Not me *cough* * cough* Whut?! No, that's not me!

Notice the distinct sound of a flat spot at the end there. Four new wheels and tires later it's good as new.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huj7AulUraU[/media]