Forgeline GA3 Wheels on my Gen V

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my 2013 SRT coupe on a set of 19/19 Forgeline GA3-6 wheels. These are off my 2006 coupe, but I was doing some test fitting to verify fitment. I'll be ordering another set of wheels for this car, likely this week.

You must be registered for see images attach

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting. To my eye the lip on the Forgelines feels too 'old school' for the ultramodern vibe of the car. I am a huge fan of wheels with a lip but somehow they don't work on the 2013.

Disclaimer: The above is a statement of one 'enthusiasts' OPINION and should not be construed as trolling or Gen V bashing. Thank you for your consideration.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I like those. Would be cool if the calipers were a contrast color with that nice "see- through" spoke.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll probably pull the side emblems off, they just seem out of place and randomly out there. The chrome doesn't match anything, either.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, wheel gap looks smaller too than other stock cars.. have you lower it at all?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very interesting. To my eye the lip on the Forgelines feels too 'old school' for the ultramodern vibe of the car. I am a huge fan of wheels with a lip but somehow they don't work on the 2013.

Disclaimer: The above is a statement of one 'enthusiasts' OPINION and should not be construed as trolling or Gen V bashing. Thank you for your consideration.
+1

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure I like the styling either, to be honest, at least with a white Gen V. But to each his own.

How does the weight compare to the Sidewinder IIs?

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sidewinders on the '06 coupe will have to wait, that car is living on my 2-post lift at the moment - getting some upgrades.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the wheels !!! :2tu:

I am not a fan of the black "can't see the wheels" look. These get the darker contrast; but, you still see the styling of the wheels. As to painting the calipers, I am not a fan of contrasting color calipers. I know that I'm in a minority there; but, to me, its like putting red toenail polish on a bulldog. Why is that attractive? We know its got big brakes. No need to accentuate it. Now, continue with what suits you (or your wife) !!

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not crazy about 19/19 combos. I know there is more traction in that bigger tire, but a 20" rim in the back with a lower profile tire would get it to look more balanced with the front. The rear tire sidewall makes the 19" rim actually look smaller than the front due to the optical illusion. This goes for all Gen Vipers.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not crazy about 19/19 combos. I know there is more traction in that bigger tire, but a 20" rim in the back with a lower profile tire would get it to look more balanced with the front. The rear tire sidewall makes the 19" rim actually look smaller than the front due to the optical illusion. This goes for all Gen Vipers.

Then you are really gonna hate my normal staggered 18/19 combo. With the 18 being on the rear :D

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, for visuals, the 19/20 looks best to me. That is what the white car will get. The blue one will remain the track beast :)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^this.

P40's would look amazing on a Gen V.

Im with this as well. Those rims just dont seem up to par with the rest of the car. Imho the stockers look 10 times better. But as I said just my opinion. Im sure what ever you end up doing will be to your liking. Maybe in 19/20's with a silver finish or something they would look better. Certain kinds of stepped lips dont look good on every car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950