Forgeline SX3 Installation Issues

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been doing a brake installation and new 18 inch Forgeline SX3's. The rear hit the e-brake which I kind of expected. But the front touches the caliper brake line (to the rear face of the center hub) and the bleeder rubber cap.

Has anyone else installed Forgelines and encountered this?

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you mean SX3R wheels. Assuming that is correct you need to use 1/2" spacers on those wheel to avoid hitting the brake caliper. The spacers are available from Archer Racing or Bobby Archer. Along with the spacers you need to either replace the stock lugs with longer ones and use open lug nuts or get the special lug nuts from Forgeline that have a "funnel" shape which allow for about 4+ threads to go down into the wheel for enough thread length to be safe. I have been using these lug nuts for two years and have not had any problems.

Make sure you check the bolts that hold the wheel together about twice a year as they do have a tendancy to loosen up which will be a problem. They should be tightened to 28ftlbs. This is not any kind of defect it is just the nature of the beast. If you have any additional questions give me a call.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. They are SX3 and not SX3R. Not sure what the differences are as they look the same.

It looks like the interference is only about 1 mm statically. Not sure how much deflection it sees the though. A 1/2 inch spacer would space the wheels out quite a bit and may look odd. I wonder if they have thinner spacers (just a thought).

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hold on guys, where, when did you buy the SX3’s, Forgeline makes a specific set of SX3’s for the SRT that does not require spacers, they came out last summer. The set for the Gen II will require spacers. If you use spacers, be careful that you have enough threads, you may have to get longer studs. I would space it no more 3/16” for the stock studs. I made a bunch of .06" spacers that I used on my HRE's, you are welcome to them.

I have a set SX3 that fit my SRT perfectly, so I can measure the offset for a comparison to see what set you have.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Forgeline SX3-R Comp. (VRL) and they fit without rubbing anything on the front (no spacers required). I had to install the Archer e-brake cable spacer in the rear.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
GR8 ASP,

I have both SX3's (polished) and SX3R's (black centers). The "R" version has no center caps and is slightly lighter than the street version or SX3.

They are both very close, but neither of them require any spacers on either my GTS or my SRT-10.

If yours are touching, you can safely bend the brake crossover line a little bit. I did this on my first set of SX3's because the clearance was very small in the rear. Front's were OK.

When I ordered my SX3R's, I requested a slightly more forgiving offset. I wish I'd kept the boxes, but I think the offset was 55 mm on the SX3's and 50 mm on the SX3R's. One set was so tight that I had them make new centers for me.

I'd call Forgeline and speak with the GM, Mark Schetter. He took good care of me.

Mark Schetter
General Manager
Forgeline
3578 S. Kettering Blvd.
Suite 600/700
Dayton OH 45439
Tel:937-299-0610 ext 312
Fax:937-643-0070
[email protected]
www.forgeline.com

You will have to relocate your ebrake cables. Archer Racing. Simple install.

Good luck,

Dan