FORGET WHAT YOU HEARD ABOUT THE FORD GT!!!!!!

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HERE IT IS, LOOK FOR YOURSELF

THE VIPER IS MUCH FASTER THAN THE FORD GT

6400MAGAZINE_AD0002.JPG

ESPECIALLY MINE :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

VD..

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait till they actually put a FORT GT and a SRT-10
side by side on the track just to show everyone whose the
BOSS?

Winner SRT-10!!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
arrmm

those would be slowest times I've seen for the GT. They took the limiter off and one ran 212mph in Europe. Several have run well into the 11's on the 1/4.

one tested at 10.8 @ 136mph... when that particular car was then tested at over 600rwhp, the Ford techs just gave a sheepish grin...

I'd say the GT in stock form vs the SRT10 in stock form - it'll be close enough to come down to who is the better driver in most cases... but with equally good drivers - the GT will hand it to the SRT10 and DC needs to up the ante next time around to get the lead back.

From a roll on - the GT will walk the SRT10 easily - look at the trap speed

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR with nothing but rear muffler/cat delete went 11.4 @ 125 in the 1/4 mile. I don't he'd walk me, torquey.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ford GT $140000 sticker! at least $75000 markup!For that price you could buy 3 new vipers. Not for me!!! I'd buy the new Ferrari first! Cheaper! No warranty!!! Not Good!!!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

Was that on radials or slicks? Impressive time if its on radials. And the MPH is excelent either way.

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
see the good thing is that you can improve the viper up to 1300 ish rwhp that = to 1500plus crank hp. I think that the gt is pretty limited as far as future hp mods. Just like svt mustangs. I havent seen any tt/blown mustangs svt's putting down 1500 crank hp.

vd..

I can't wait to destroy my 1st ford gt!!!!!!!! By that time i will have 750ish rwhp about 300+ more crank hp. Oh and i finally got drag radials and a line lock!!

I wish summer was here already!!!! Cant wait to see a gt in my rear view mirrow :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and i finally got drag radials and a line lock!!

Okay, I know this is in a thread around here somewhere, but I am too lazy to look it up: Did you end up with ACR wheels for the car and/or what size drag radials did you get? Curious as to how you are putting all that HP to the ground...

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, don't kid yourselves. The Ford GT runs traps high 120s to low 130s in the quarter mile, and the best an SRT has trapped is 123.5.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey...the GT is blown and dishes out around 550hp, when the SRT-10 is blown as well it cranks out 750hp or more.
So ask yourself, who really will put down the best et and trap speed all things being equal...the Viper, but of course. ;)

Let's keep things real. :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always laughed at how people were talking sh*t about the GT. It's a great car but the SRT will hand it it's *ss at a track. Look at the weight and braking on the GT. It doesn't even come close to a SRT.

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, don't kid yourselves. The Ford GT runs traps high 120s to low 130s in the quarter mile, and the best an SRT has trapped is 123.5.

no way not with a 12.2 et

here is another one when the viper spanks the gt and it not low 130 either!!!!!

6400SRT_VS_GT_MAG-med.JPG

vd..

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My ACR with nothing but rear muffler/cat delete went 11.4 @ 125 in the 1/4 mile. I don't he'd walk me, torquey.

LOL no he wouldn't - but your car was a good one, the 125mph speed on the GT is a SLOW ONE....

I beleive we will see MANY GT's with the simplest of mods running well into the 130's... a feat THAT does require a bit of money to do in a Viper :2tu:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
re potential - I believe the modular V8 around which the GT engine is based - has run 7's in Mustangs... someone here may know. That was at 4.6 liters, not sure how strong the 5.4 is.

However - I also think the Viper could run 7's and be more dual purpose than the 7 sec Mustangs. That opinion is nothing to do with recent records being broken, that just shows the learning curve in the Viper community is on the move.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you guys remind me of some Vette/Mustang guys that mag race there car with its best published numbers and pit it against the worst published for the Viper......Anyone that thinks the GT is a 12.2 car and only traps 125mph is dreaming....It will trounce an SRT10 without question stock to stock....I can show you a test of the SRT10 doing 12.2 @ 117mph...I guess its only a 12 sec car then :rolleyes: .................Why not quote the times it did vs the Enzo and CGT...Though it was a pilot car it represents the production specs...It did 11.2 @ 131..You dont run with the Enzo and then mysteriously cant beat an SRT10.....

And since we are bench racing lets not forget that the GT did a 1.21 lap in the dry on the Top Gear track...The SRT10 did a 1.28 in the wet but if you factor in the 4sec improvement that usually occurs when restested in the dry it still wont approach the GT's 1.21 lap time....If you are gonna bench race use the best numbers from both camps or else it make even less sence than bench racing usually does...If you do that the only catagorys the SRT10 beats the GT in is skidpad and braking...Not even close in acceleration.....

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SnakeBitten...how do you like your SRT-10? lol
Check those facts again pleezzz....

BTW, don't forget to ditch the runflats for equal rubber bro.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The only way you can compare cars is the way they arrive off of the showroom floor, period.

Otherwise its-
Different tires
Different exhaust
S/C'd, turbo'd, nitrous
and a litany of other mods

And when you are done modifying any particular car, then its not that car as-built from the factory anymore, its modded.

Once you enter that area of logic, then you have to let in the Mustang boys with their chip/pulley argument, the Corvette boys with their cost/performance ratio, and while you're at it, listen to the Enzo boys (you know them, Chip, Trevor, and Buffy?) with their "you can't afford what I've got" attitude.

Just give credit where credit is due, and let people enjoy nice cars without feeling like you gotta defend a particular marque by modifying it.

Hope I get that Roe blower before the ZO6 comes out! :)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing to understand about the Ford GT is that the early prototypes were rated at 500HP/500TQ, and early tests put the acceleration at just about the same as the SRT-10 Viper.

But if you keep track of the testing as time went on, they obviously raised the boost on the supercharger and did some tuning. And the performance improved dramatically.

I was wondering how much boost they would give the real, production cars to maintain reliability.

But the recent comparison test between a production Ford GT and the Enzo and Porsche CGT put it within a couple 10th of the Enzo, which is remarkable. Both the carbon fiber bodied Enzo and CGT were 200LBs+ lighter, but the Ford GT was astoundingly close in performance. So I figure that the Ford GT's actual production HP is vastly underrated at around 625-670HP. :eek:

And in that regard, the stock Viper cannot come close.

Of course the extra premium added from dealer gouging on the Ford GT, puts it at 2-3 times the Viper's price.
Plus it's not a convertible, and you can add a blower to get comparable or better performance out of the Viper.

But that's the line that Mustang owners give Corvettes.

I judge these car's differently, by price/performance/rarity. :laugh:

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The single biggest thing that Ford did to improve the hp on the GT was to change from the Eaton supercharger to the Whipple supercharger. I dont like to deal in rumor and innuendo, but the word up in Detroit is that this change was worth 50 hp.

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From what i hear is that when the gt is given for any time/hp tests the svt guys twaek it just for that test ie more boost or more timing/ fuel!

The real gt sold will be much slower! due to less boost

vd..

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to test that in real life here fairly soon - my neighbor is picking up his new GT in two weeks...

Pics and lots of Video... Or your fired !!!!! ... (mpeg file please) :D

Same here please :D :2tu: And don't gimme that extra weight crap of a passenger, MAKE SOMEONE TAKE A VIDEO ALREADY, this is simply too delicious not to make a video of :D :eek:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And since we are bench racing lets not forget that the GT did a 1.21 lap in the dry on the Top Gear track...The SRT10 did a 1.28 in the wet but if you factor in the 4sec improvement that usually occurs when restested in the dry it still wont approach the GT's 1.21 lap time

The only car that I know of that Top Gear tested in both wet and dry conditions was the (all wheel drive) Murcielago.

Wet track time 1:29
Dry track time 1:23.7

Looks like just a tad better than a 4 second improvement wet vs dry.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very funny..har har har....What facts about the SRT10 are you disputing?...Read my post again. Im simply saying that quite a few mags have the SRT10 as an 12 sec car and some of the traps speeds are below Gen II numbers....But we all know its an 11 sec car at about 124mph....Seee...So to quote the worst numbers for the GT and pit it against the best SRT10 numbers is lame period...The only way to resolve this is to have the production GT go against the SRT10..Then all this useless benchracing will be moot....There were too many version of the GT tested at different powerlevels to really guage its true performance against the SRT10...But if you base it on the most recent pilot[most likely production spec] car test against the Enzo and CGT it stands to reason that the SRT10 in its current form has no chance.......

Kai: 4 secs is the average improvement of cars wet vs dry from what Ive heard..Ok so I'll give you the 5 sec improvement you point out if the SRT10 ran again in the dry...It still leaves the SRT10 almost 2 seconds slower than the GT...I do see it beating the Murci and Zonda times but not the GT...

BTW this is not SRT10 bashing...Its just my opinion based on the current facts...I dont see how you can possibly look at the most recent test of the GT and see the SRT10 having a chance..The only way it will have a chance benchracing is if you use the early tests of the car thats shown above...

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Very funny..har har har....What facts about the SRT10 are you disputing?...Read my post again. Im simply saying that quite a few mags have the SRT10 as an 12 sec car and some of the traps speeds are below Gen II numbers....But we all know its an 11 sec car at about 124mph....Seee...So to quote the worst numbers for the GT and pit it against the best SRT10 numbers is lame period...The only way to resolve this is to have the production GT go against the SRT10..Then all this useless benchracing will be moot....There were too many version of the GT tested at different powerlevels to really guage its true performance against the SRT10...But if you base it on the most recent pilot[most likely production spec] car test against the Enzo and CGT it stands to reason that the SRT10 in its current form has no chance.......

Kai: 4 secs is the average improvement of cars wet vs dry from what Ive heard..Ok so I'll give you the 5 sec improvement you point out if the SRT10 ran again in the dry...It still leaves the SRT10 almost 2 seconds slower than the GT...I do see it beating the Murci and Zonda times but not the GT...

BTW this is not SRT10 bashing...Its just my opinion based on the current facts...I dont see how you can possibly look at the most recent test of the GT and see the SRT10 having a chance..The only way it will have a chance benchracing is if you use the early tests of the car thats shown above...

this is the latest test!!!! and it already has been up against the srt and lost!!!! oh and the gt was prepped by team ford svt division while the viper was off the assembly lone!

even if they up the boost or power all you need is a vec 2 for $1000 and a good tune and it will still smoke a svt prepped gt!!!! :2tu:

vd..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang