Former Racer Leads High-Speed Chase

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yo guys, my wife heard this over the local radio station on her drive to work this morning. She thought I'd find some humor in it. I found the report on the internet and won't bother summarizing, because it's that good. Enjoy-

Former Racer Leads High-Speed Chase

Updated: Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 10:37 PM PDT
Published : Tuesday, 18 May 2010, 4:40 PM PDT
Posted by: Tony Spearman / myFOXla.com
San Clemente - The driver of a Corvette who led deputies on a high-speed chase down Interstate 5 for nearly 50 miles is a former NASCAR racer.

James Neal was arrested in San Diego County early Monday and the 56-year-old San Clemente resident was booked into Orange County Jail, where bail is set at $25,000.

Sheriff's Lt. Mike Jansen says San Clemente deputies tried to pull over the 2003 Corvette for a routine traffic violation at about 3 a.m. but Neal refused to stop and raced at speeds up to 130 mph on I-5 to San Diego County.

The Corvette engine blew up in the La Jolla area and deputies arrested him without a struggle.

Daytona Beach, Fla.-based NASCAR says Neal was a NASCAR track racer at the old Ascot Park track in Gardena in the early 1980s. He never won a national race.:2tu:

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, do you think the Vette motor blew because of the extreme performance that a 4 door Crown Vic can dish out? :rolaugh:

Cheers,
George
it had to be because he was being chased by Dodges,,, its the only way to explain it
the cops must have had the new Chargers after him
the vette just gave up then... literally
:lmao:

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this on the news and a CHP ? spokesman, said "it was a corvette, so of course it had a race engine" :lmao: BTW it was an 03 C5 according to the news

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ha ha ha...Guy was reliving past glory...

In all seriousness..A Viper wouldnt have blown up and would have safely been doing 145 instead of 130...

Youd think after being a nascar driver the guy would have known this???

OP
OP

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this on the news and a CHP ? spokesman, said "it was a corvette, so of course it had a race engine" :lmao: BTW it was an 03 C5 according to the news

The Fox News link has an accompanying video. At about 1:50 into the clip, it shows an 03 C5 Z06, with some sharpie marker writing saying it has 1000hp, and homemade decals citing a 214 mph speed record.

it had to be because he was being chased by Dodges,,, its the only way to explain it
the cops must have had the new Chargers after him
the vette just gave up then... literally
:lmao:

Your gonna laugh your ass off some more because at 1:22 into the clip, police video footage shows the rear of another patrol car on the scene. I'm pretty certain the taillights and location of the license plate show that it's a Charger.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala