Found a not so great surprise

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my car was "wheeping" oil before I put it away for storage and I got that fixed and parked it away. Took it out got my oil changed and today when I go to pull it out I see oil all over the ground (wasn't a puddle but defenetly more then just a few drops!!)...any ideas on what might have went wrong? is it possible for them to have just left the oil filter loose? Going to have to take it to the dealer again :( :eek: I hate that!!

Ricky

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on where the oil was in relation to the engine. If it was near the front, you could have a loose oil cooler line.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
are you sure its oil?

If it is ck where the harmonic ballancer connects to the crank. Don't trust the dealer when its on the lift insist on seeing the leak for your self.

vd..

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure its oil?

If it is ck where the harmonic ballancer connects to the crank. Don't trust the dealer when its on the lift insist on seeing the leak for your self.

vd..

going there in 45 minutes thanks for the advice...I did that last time but I guess that didn't help :eek: And yeah i'm sure its oil :eek:

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil pan again BUT found that the exhaust ont he drivers side is leaking...I know random tech has some bad reviews but the little thing that holds the random tech cats in place rigth before the actaul cat itself is literealy broken off and now theres a big ******** in the damn pipe! About 2000 miles on the damn car and already these types of problems i'm disappointed! If it wasn't as much fun as it is I wouldn't keep it lol :bonker:

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oil pan again BUT found that the exhaust ont he drivers side is leaking...I know random tech has some bad reviews but the little thing that holds the random tech cats in place rigth before the actaul cat itself is literealy broken off and now theres a big ******** in the damn pipe! About 2000 miles on the damn car and already these types of problems i'm disappointed! If it wasn't as much fun as it is I wouldn't keep it lol :bonker:

Don;t get discouraged Ricky...........pain in the ass yes, but overall minor issue and probably still under warranty. Get it fixed as soon as possible and get it back on the road. Sure to bring a smile on your face........

Good luck :2tu:
Patrick

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree the oil thing is a pain, but you can tblame the exhaust problem on the car, I would be looking to who installed it...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I changed my oil yester and noticed that oil is weeping out of the oil pan gasket around the 11 mm mounting bolts in the drivers side near the back.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true about the exhaust hopefully get it all fixed as soon as the parts come in :laugh:

ccronald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had the pan gasket on my '03 changed under warrantee. The rubber corners that bond the aluminum gasket strips of the gasket together had deteriorated and the right front corner was leaking oil.

08ACRVTEN00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to replace my oil pan gasket on 03 and my GTS. I just change my oil again on the 03 and I think the pan gasket is leaking again.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to replace my oil pan gasket on 03 and my GTS. I just change my oil again on the 03 and I think the pan gasket is leaking again.

ditto here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery