Found another GTS...a 96...its even better...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After my 97 GTS failure this week finding that the car had body damage I called a local broker who just listed a 96 GTS with 9k miles. I jumped on it.
It's a one owner, all stock 96 blue and white. I got a nice price as well.

The sale is pending a full inspection once it arrives.(broker is paying shipping) I will look it over and will send it to a Viper Tech.
Maybe have the recall done at that time as well.

now...

Are there any hidden things about a 96 that a trained eye should look for other than the typical things?

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby,

I held my thoughts as long as I could....

Maybe you should have bought mine after you emailed me 20+ times (stating how beautiful the car was, great "extras" that were coming with it, heck I even gave you great price and you loved the warranty it had), had me bugging Chrysler for you (waiting on hold forever several times) and then only to get your email saying "OHHH my wife says I cant buy one now"....I hope you stop bugging people on this board for them to run VIN checks and go look at cars for you. You wasted a lot of my time and Im sure others.

I hope this is a warning to others on this board who you contact about their cars for sale or your request for assistance...good thing "Malcom" came along and bought the car...he is a class act and great guy and he loves the car.

Eric

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby,

Maybe you should have bought mine after you emailed me 20+ times (stating how beautiful the car was, great "extras" that were coming with it, heck I even gave you great price and you loved the warranty it had), had me bugging Chrysler for you (waiting on hold forever several times) and then only to get your email saying "OHHH my wife says I cant buy one now"....I hope you stop bugging people on this board for them to run VIN checks and go look at cars for you. You wasted a lot of my time and Im sure others.

I hope this is a warning to others on this board who you contact about their cars for sale or your request for assistance...good thing "Malcom" came along and bought the car...he is a class act and great guy and he loves the car.

Eric

Well Mr. Savoir of the VCA... one of the reasons Malcom purchased your car was through MY recommendation to buy it.

He and I talked by email about your car. I still have them if you want them.

Also next time you open your big mouth...remember one thing...I have two 3 year old special needs children and at the time we talked many unexpected medical bills had to be paid that prevented me from purchasing the car.

My wife, kids and money come first before you.

You are the first person I have ever seen here ever say ANYTHING about me wasting anyone’s time. I have had only two people in the past year or so look at a car for me and they were happy to do so.

My purchases are my business done in MY TIME.

Ron did look at a GTS for me but based on the condition of the car I passed. If you read the post about it you would know the details. It also prevented another possible buyer from getting the car and being deceived. You want the email for that as well?
I thanked him many times and learned many things about Vipers. I hope to meet hime someday at a Viper meeting.

I also have a contract on a GTS and the deal is done pending a final inspection when its delivered in the next few weeks.

I am buying an extended warranty from Chuck Tator as well for his efforts in helping me.

I hold both of those gentlemen in high regard.

It was actually 15 emails over 6 days including my apology for not going with the vehicle and most of them were just saying thank you for the information.

I could really lay into you but you are hardly worth the effort.

Actually I feel sorry for you. You are pathetic.

I will enjoy my GTS even more now. Maybe one of my first pics for everyone to see is myself and family standing in front of my GTS flipping you the bird.

oh by the way...do a history on ezgoin's posts...this is the guy who trashes peoples car for parking too close to is now sold Viper.

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TobyT,

I would be more than happy to help you with any car you may want to look at in Texas...just give me a call.
It is never a waste of time to help somebody that is looking to buy a Viper.
Period.

Clark

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Clark. I am fairly sure this 96 will work out but if not...I will know you are there to help. I have a good friend that just moved to the Fort Worth Area. He has strong interest in Vipers as well. If he gets serious..I will forward your email. :)

JeremyBlackwell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to jump in, but toby is right.

i often buy Supras for resale, and if i complained about every person who 'says' they want the car, email/call/instant message me CONSTANTLY, are waiting on a loan approval, etc etc etc i would have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list (usually about 50-75 people per car in the first 5 days or so.) if you want to sell your car quickly without hassle, call a broker/dealership (or me :) ) and take the loss on how much you could have gotten from an individual. otherwise, a little time and effort will need to be devoted in order to make a few thousand more dollars. nothing comes for free.

not trying to put my foot in, just saying that calling someone out publicly over a matter like that is not always the best option.

Toby, good luck with your new ride! I live in the knoxville area, let me know if you (or any of you) ever need anything down this way. dave jenkins helped me on my first viper and sun ra kat looked at another for me (which didn't work out...), and VCA board member 'Birvini' has been helping me toward getting my new baby (thanks bill!), so i'm definately open to helping the viper community in any way possible!

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby & Eric:
Toby when you get your viper.....challenge Eric to a race. Winner and loser become good friends. Best to both of you. Make sure we "hear" the results!

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not here to take sides, but I can see where ezgoinn is coming from. I've seen plenty of posts from Toby T since early '02 stating that he was "close" to buying a Viper. The story line always seems about the same.

I've looked at Vipers for potential owners, some bought, some didn't...but I always felt that they were a serious potential BUYER.

I sincerely hope you get a Viper Toby T(I think I've posted that before), maybe the '96 you're looking at, you won't regret the benefits of Viper ownership.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eric,
I have owned 3 Vipers and too many to mention sports cars, trucks, SUV's, toys, etc. MANY people "wasted" my time by looking and asking questions over the years when I was trying to sell one of them. That is part of selling. If you don't like it, drop it off at a wholesellers lot...he'll buy it from you for nothing and then deal with all those "annoying buyers".
I've had many people back out and yet, I sometimes made a good friend.
Helping others seems to be part of the ViperClub of America.
Eric, sounds like it is just not your kind of club. But since you are selling your car, I guess you will no longer be around to contribute all your sage knowledge of Vipers. :rolleyes:

Remember this jewel? http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB17&Number=180768&Forum=All_Forums&Words=3036&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=180730&Search=true#Post180768

What a loser! :mad:

You and your attitude will not be missed.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you cycloneGTS and getbit for your kind words. I have a written signed sales agreement on the 96 and feel pretty good about it. I will take lots of pics.

I admit I have looked at a few over the past year but never have I actually entered into an agreement or mis-lead anyone. I am about the most honest straight forward guy many people will ever know. I have posted in the past about cars I wanted because I was excited and wanted to share in my fun and not to mis-lead anyone. I have no hidden agenda.

Thanks again.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am always happy to help a fellow Viper owner or prospective owner as I'm sure most of us are. That's a big part of what makes Viper ownership worthwhile.

I never felt Toby was anything but serious regrading this specific car and while I can't vouch for others prior experience, I glad I was able to provided some of the information he needed to make a decision.

Many here on this site have helped me in the past and I'm happy to continue the tradition as best I can.

:usa:

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby, I hope you find what you are looking for!! Sometimes finding the right Viper is a long process. I know this very well as it took me a year to find my second Viper!!!!

Getbit, you are exactly right. If you don't want the hassle of selling, pay someone else to do it.

Chris Marshall, thanks again for helping me find my second Viper.

Jeremy, I'll call you Thursday to let you know what I find out!!!!!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby,

Eric

Awww, you mean someone didn't just walk up and throw the cash into your hand and drive off all hunky-dorey? Please, stop crying about it, sometimes you have to do those things when selling a car. If you don't like it, pay a broker to do it for you.

You must be registered for see images

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby,

Eric

Well Eric "I have been holding my thoughts for as long as I could" too. So let me see if I have this straight. Toby checked out your car, sent you a few e-mails, had you do some checking on the warranty, and for this you seem to think he is obligated to purchase your car? Maybe this is the first car you have ever sold, so let me educate you...that is what is involved when trying to sell a car. People look, maybe even show interest, and then they change their minds, for whatever reason, and it is not for you to judge.
Toby is well respected among the Viper Community, and his contributions to the members have been tremendous. Let me share something else with you, for the most part, with very few exceptions (however apparantly you are one of them), Viper owners never consider someone's interest in their car "a waste of time". They are always willing to give of their time, and love talking and sharing information about their car with anyone, whether they are trying to sell it, or just hanging out answering some questions that people may have. So maybe you should consider choosing your words more carefully, don't go bad mouthing someone because they changed their mind on purchasing your car. If he decides not to by the 96 he is currently checking out, that is his business. If he checks out a 100 more Vipers until he finds exactly what he wants, that is his business. You will learn that the comraderie among Viper owners is a very strong bond, which is part of what makes owning a Viper such a pleasure and unique experience. Eric, maybe you should think about buying a Chevy :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the whole story but judging be "notvery"ezgoinn's "I keyed a car and that'll teach 'em" thread last year it's tough to side with him. In the end, no money changed hands and any groundwork Toby asked for can be used to help sell to the next customer.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toooo funny the way you people jump on someones side here......

First I NEVER expected nor would I expect someone to just come and "throw me money" for my car. I told anyone who contacted me I would bend over backwards to help them in the purchase including giving you the Viper techs name who has done all the work on the car since DAY 1. I did everything in helping you in anyway shape or form possible.

Your purchase on your "TIME" means your wasting others as you had NO intent to buy a car...HERE IS A GREAT CONCEPT FOR YOU MR SMART [******].....WHY DONT YOU DISCUSS WITH YOUR WIFE FIRST IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT AND THEN COME TO AGREEMENT WITH HER AND THEN GO HUNT A CAR...MAKES SENSE DOESNT IT.

I never said dont do your homework, dont do your research, dont search for a good car....what I said was IF YOUR NOT GOING TO BUY TO WASTE PEOPLES TIME (whether it be for your kids sake or lack of money). I know you spoke to Malcom but you didnt know anymore than he did since I sent you the same photos. You may have been a cheerleading squad for him since you KNEW you werent going to buy one and you knew mine was a great car.

REGARDLESS of your home life and what life issues have been tossed your way it certainly doesnt give you the right to waste peoples time and efforts when I feel you are just playing games. You have been on this board looking at VIN #s and having people take time out of there lives to run around town for you and check this and check that....I think its wrong that you do that when in fact you stated to me "MY WIFE SAYS I CANT GET ONE"....so what is it...are you or arent you??? I bet we see you on here in 3 months from now...heck maybe 6 months from now asking again for someone to run the 40th VIN check for you.....

All you other bandwagon divers....step in my shoes...you try and sell your car (in this down economy) and have someone **** you around for weeks and see how you feel. Im just trying to let people know what happened to me with Mr. VCA Savoir so he doesnt waste your time.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Blind boy, reread my post. I have, as have many others, been in your shoes. We just don't get all twisted up about it. If indeed Toby has asked for help as many times as you say, you seem to be the only one that it has bothered. If you really think to belittle the situation with his son and inflate your anguish over your lost time, you are more pathetic than I first thought. Put away your shovel and stop digging that hole. You are done.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getbit,

Your missing the point jack-[******]. Im not twisted and Im sure there are others who feel the same way...Im just only one who has voiced up thats all.

Speaking of blind...CycloneGTS feels same way...why dont you READ before making your two cents worth.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Wow. If I got worked up as easily as Mr. NOTezgoin does, I'd be dead from a heart attack.

Lighten up, life is too short.

Toby, wish you the best in getting a Viper into your garage when you have the chance. Wife and family first, friends second, and toys last...

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ONLY wishing to share what happened when he wasted my time (which I dont have a lot of), played games KNOWING he wasnt going to buy one because of his family. I hope that when he bothers other people to take their time from their families, businesses, obligations and they run arrands for him, his intentions are sincere. THATS what was stated from my first posts. Why is this so hard for some of you to grasp?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed your last mobile home payment and having anxiety problems. Try paxil.
Your resorting cursing on this board is an obvious clue to your lack of intelligence.
Are you in 3rd grade? CycloneGTS feels the same way...LOL!
Do you have permission to use your parents internet access?

Red5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Selling cars. What a chore. I hate to sell cars. Especially my cars, because by the time I am getting rid of them, they are just about through. So Im the guy who sells them dirt cheap. Well, this brings dreamers out of the woodwork.
I had a guy call me and say he just had to see my vette right now, and that he was definitely a buyer. I was on 12 mile island at a party on my boat. It was Saturday. I had to bring the wife back into the docks, go all the way back to the house. The guy was an hour and a half late. He shows up with his two boys. They climb through every window, out the top, act like they are driving and are generally annoying. Meanwhile, Dad is telling me that this is the 28th vette he has looked at over the past 9 months and that he will be a buyer in about 4 more months. Then he proceeds to talk corvette bs with me and takes up a LOT of my time. I asked him why he talked with such urgency and he laughed. Oh thats just how I am. I saw it listed for a lot less than the other vettes and just Had to see it so i would know for sure once I finally was ready to buy. It ended up being too late to get back out on the river. I was p o ed.
These are the games that buyers can play. And they are perfectly in their right to do it. It would be different if you were selling a Honda accord, but you are not. You are selling a sports car that is almost in the same league as the corvette. You are going to attract a diverse group.
If you don't like it, hire someone to do it for you. That is what I intend on doing.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getbit,

Funny you should make those comments to me....reread your post...do those comments make you any better than me for using one bad word??

Maybe you shouldnt cast stones my freind!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red5,
You know I have to disagree with your comment about the Viper ALMOST in the league as the corvette but the rest is right on. We have all been through it.
So what.
I've been trying to sell my VROD and a couple of other higher dollar toys. Lots of lookers and talkers. I can take it.
Selling is not for the thin skinned nor the impatient.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
loser is a fact.
I didn't curse. You did in two different posts on this thread.
And it is spelled friends...not freinds. Once again, I think you need
to rethink your education avenues or learn to use the spellcheck button, my friend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Chase