Found another GTS...a 96...its even better...

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your time is so valuable, you should not be wasting it on this board. You should be out making all that money so you can survive this economy.
My time actually is valuable, so I am off. I would say it has been fun sparing with you but since you present no real challenge, that would not be true. :rolleyes:
Later

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if grammer is your world claim to fame...then so be it....I just wanted to let others know what I went through so he does'nt waste anymore time of others.

Why dont you lend your hand in helping Toby find his next Viper!! Be a nice gesture for you....heck with your incredible grammer skills you could even write his contracts for him....

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ezgoinn .. hmm strange name for someone who is not!... grow up... when I was selling my 97 rt/10 I had a guy who I talked with on the phone and emailed several times. He stated he wanted to purchase it and was sending me a check. So when the next few people called about the car I told them it was sold. Well guess what. I never heard from that person again.. OH WELL!!! Think of it the other way. Your thinking of buying a car so you go to a dealer. You test drive it, look it over, work out a price, and then you know what happens ... (GET THIS) YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND! wow imagine that... novel idea huh... Maybe the dealer should go over to your house and key your car for wasting their time... now don't you have some ones car to key because they parked in the same parking lot as you.

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
Ken, perfect example.

Heck, I've even custom ordered a car, which had to be shipped to the US from Japan. A week before it arrived, I had to cancel my order due to financial reasons. The car was already on the boat.

Dealer still sold the car, but to someone else. They weren't pissed, it's part of doing business.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby...Take your time...Find the perfect snake that is right for YOU...I will glady check out any car, any time for you up here in the Great White North... :)

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ken,

BIGGGGGG difference my friend between someone going to a dealership (who is in the business of selling cars) and "looking" for a couple days then you bugging a private owner with dozens of emails price negotiating and having them make calls to chrysler for you....WHEN HE HAD NO INTENTIONS OF OWNING ONE BECAUSE HIS WIFE SAID NO ALREADY....AGAIN, I didnt mind helping someone out who was going to buy the car....just not someone who I found out at the end HAD NO INTENTIONS OF BUYING ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for you to bring a past incendent that has nothing to do with this only shows your lack of ability to stay on the subject. But while you brought it up...I did what I did at the time and felt I was right...maybe I made a mistake and acted out of anger and immaturity and for that I can admit publicy I may have been wrong.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ez,

I really feel sorry for you. You seem to have let anger control your life and I seem to be your latest target. Oh joy.

I guess next time I look in the mirror I will check for the bulls eye taped to the back of my head.

It's too bad that you can't see that my situation changed and I was honest in telling you that my wife was not comfortable with the purchase at that time. I am not sure how you manage your life but my wife has a big say in my life....hence the term "marriage".

Maybe I should have looked into the eyes of my three year old and told him..sorry son..Daddy can't buy you that wheel chair and pay for the special school that will help you walk someday because I need to buy a toy for myself and I don't want to upset someone who THINKS talking to buyers is a waste of time. I was also moving into a new home and I decided to put a bit more into it then I had planned.

Maybe I should have just been an [******] to you so you would understand the language.

Again I never agreed to purchase your vehicle.( I don't know how many times I can say that) No money exchanged hands, no sales agreement was signed, no lost sales because of me liking your car...all stated was your car...another GTS I was looking at... were my top choices and gave you a target date of when I was going to make my decision.

Funny...the other party with the GTS understood 100% and wished me well. He was only 24 by the way. How old are you?

You on the other hand...well...your posts speak volumes about who you are.

Let me give you some advice since it's obvious that you are lacking wisdom...

Why not just say...sorry it didn't workout...thanks for the interest and I sold the car to another person anyway so everything worked out for the best. I hope everything works out in your life and I hope you find the car you want.

That is what I would have said. Then again..I don't let anger make my decisions for me. May I suggest taking an anger management class or consider medicine to help with your weaknesses. Church is a great place as well.

As for the others here...thank you...this "test" has done nothing but strengthen my decision that the Viper community is a nice place to be.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess if grammer is your world claim to fame...then so be it...

I would rather be known for my knowledge of the english language than my knowledge of how to damage personal property and be proud of it. I hope the person whose car you criminally damaged reads your confession of your crime here on this board and uses it to press charges.

BTW...it is spelled grammar, not grammer! :cool:

When you put a car for sale, you are putting yourself in the business of selling. Not only in a practical sense, but you are also upheld to the same responsibilities of a professional selling agent in the eyes of the law.

On a side note, publicly admitting that you may have gone overboard on your crucifixion of Toby goes a long way. It is actually nearly an apology to him. I think you owe him one due to your attempt at character assassination...but only to him. What happened between us is just part of the game.

Please drive through...

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously you are stuck on the fact you lost a few hours of your life... Did you actually think that it would sell and you would not have to do any leg work? If you didn't want to waste any of your precious time then you should have just stopped by a dealer and taken whatever they would have given you. That way they can deal with the lost time of people looking at the car. Oh and when I (being the buyer) decide not to buy a car it's MY business why I didn't buy it NOT (being the seller) yours... I could of changed my mind because its Thursday and I don't like buying cars on Thursday. or god forbid I talked it over with my wife and WE decide it is not a good time to buy it now... GOD don't ever try to sell a house. You will probably kill someone.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOD don't ever try to sell a house. You will probably kill someone.
:) LOL!

Hey, Eric...at least you are getting your post count up.
38 posts (majority made today it seems) made in over a year.
One post being proud of damaging others cars.
Yeah, you are a stand up member of the human race, aren't you.
WOW :rolleyes:
You are a true contributing member of this club, aren't you.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one more thing...again ( I seen to have to repeat myself with this guy)

big words for you.

I HAVE PURCHASED A 96 GTS.

So your theory of me never intending to purchase is pretty lame.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive said what Im going to say and still feel Toby you were less than honest from the get go and I feel as if maybe you should have better understood your wife, your finances and your family BEFORE making others like myself jump through hoops for you. IF you knew you had to buy a wheel chair and a house than why waste peoples time??? I never said dont put your family first....did I???? I only asked IF you knew that why did you waste my time and Im sure others?? Thats all I said.

I spoke to MANY people, took time to drive and show it to a few people, made calls for people...I DIDNT mind doing that, never said it wasnt part of the sales process just said I dont think your serious about buying a Viper. I sold that car in 02 but yet I still see you on here doing the same stuff...running VIN # having people run for you all over. Lets mark this date and see if in fact you have one in 1 month, 2 months or in 6 months...time will tell.

I just hope your ready and serious about getting one this time and certainly hope you find a good car. I owned one because I love the cars and will again have another one. I still stay in touch with Malcom and Ive helped him out even though the car is long gone from my hands.

Done beating this dead horse to death......

topic done.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby

IF in fact you have bought one...great for you...its about time! Although I see in original post here "The sale is pending a full inspection once it arrives" so in fact its NOT a done deal......

The number of people doing VIN checks will decrease by 90% off this board once your an owner.

Lets see pics of it.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel as if maybe you should have better understood your wife, your finances and your family BEFORE making others like myself jump through hoops for you.

Now you feel qualified to tell Toby how to handle his wife, health challenged child and his home life.

You are unbelievable.

Being in the ViperClub for over 4 years now, I have helped many people with questions concerning ownership, buying, selling, etc. of Vipers in my club and beyond. Not once was it to sell my own. I don't feel like I wasted time as that is what this club is about.
Jumped through hoops...that is laughable.

Over 2 1/2 hours on line here today...guess your time isn't as valuable as you boast.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ez...at this point I could care less what you think about this subject.

It's obvious you don't believe anything I say. I give up.

Your posts are nothing but bait.

Just go away.

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] off! Your a Viper wanna be owner as far as Im concerned.

Keep wasting everyones time.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] off! Your a Viper wanna be owner as far as Im concerned.

Keep wasting everyones time.

Nice, another cursing. And you are a wannabe viper seller who boasts of breaking the law by criminally damaging property.
So your opinion counts for what?
I thought you were gone...using your valuable time for something else...like maybe working or searching your conscience for some integrity. :rolleyes:

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
getbit,

Get helping Toby buy his new Viper why dont you.....

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
spent all morning coming up with that jewel, huh?...all that valuable time...apparently $5.15/hr isn't all that valuable in today's economy. Toby doesn't need my help. It is you who needs professional help. I'm sure McDonald's has health benefits covering bipolar disorders and anxiety disorders.
Check your benefits package to be sure though.
good luck.
really

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you all don't give a rats a$$ about my thoughts, but here they are anyway.....

I think Toby will buy a viper. He'll be a great member of the club and continue to make contributions to the board.

However, I do understand why some people look at him the way they do.

TobyT Quotes......
He was thinking of adding stripes to his "will soon be mine" 99 GTS.

"about ready to lay down the cash...anybody want to beat this offer...."

"I am getting a 99 GTS red with 10k miles"

"Could someone run a carfax for me...THANK YOU 1B3ER69E2YV606736"

"I have a verbal contract to purchase a GTS in Pittsburgh and want to have someone take a quick look at the car before I spend the money to have it looked over locally by a Viper tech and spend 4 hours one way to pick it up."

"Thoughts on 2000 GTS I am once again looking at.....
2000 GTS 16k miles. 50%+ on original tires. Mostly highway miles due to travel back and forth to resort, in "like new" condition, one owner, red, 100% stock."

"I am looking at a 40K rt/10 and a 50K GTS and that as high as I want to go right now."

"could a nice person please run a carfax for me please? 1B3BR65E1TV100199 GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1996 DODGE VIPER RT/10 (1B3BR65E1TV100199)....."

"Anyone know this poster or his RT/10? black 96 rt/10 for sale."

"could someone run a carfax for me PLEASE! 1B3ER69E0XV502938 GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1999 DODGE VIPER GTS"

"GREAT time to buy! Winter cant come soon enough for me."

I can copy and paste all day, but I'm not going through 1,200+ post.... you get the idea. I personally like the guy, but I think he missed his true calling.... A viper dealer! If Bill P needs a right hand man, Toby is the guy for the job. He knows the market has good as anyone right now and being a well informed buyer has never hurt anyone. I'm glad to see that Toby got a Viper and a blue and white to boot! Truly one of the great color combos.

OP
OP
T

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok..I am guilty of being a bit too excited when I find something I like but geez...Do I really deserve this PERSONAL attack from ez?

And those posts you found were what...10 or so posts out of +-1200? All of them were during the time when I was on a hunt.

Check them all if you want...I have nothing to hide.

A Viper dealer..mmmm...not a bad Idea. Better throw in Ferrari as well.

I did find out today all recalls have been done and some TSB's as well.

here is a pic by the way.

It's #371 off the line.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody, nobody is arguing the fact that Toby has been looking for a long time and has spent much time asking lots of questions. He is not the first, current or last to do so.

Do we attack them?

He has been always appreciative from what I can see to those with whom he has corresponded with. Toby posts that a deal is near done (whether it happens or not isn't the issue) and Eric bitterly attacks him for not buying his car after much correspondence and time. Again, SO WHAT.
Who hasn't wanted something they weren't quite ready for and spent lots of time researching...hoping to find a way to squeeze the purchase into their budget.
AGAIN, if you can't take the lookers...leave the selling to the adults who can. Wholesale your car and the dealers will be happy to handle the tirekickers and the buyers.

To be honest, the same thing has happened to me recently with club members on toys I am trying to move. We spoke continuously over weeks, I emailed pics, info, etc. In the end, he chose to go another route. I didn't like that but I didn't attack him on this or any other board. His CHOICE to not buy is not a reflection on him personally. I am a man and all grown up and I know how to handle disappointment. Apparently, some of us had better parents than others. Mine taught me well.

This all from a man (I really use the term loosely here) that BRAGGED about keying some woman's car that parked too close to his Viper (she didn't damage his car, just had the nerve to park too close.)

Cody, don't sully yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang