Found!! New "Fountain of Youth"

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found!! New \"Fountain of Youth\"

Buy a SRT-10 put the top down on 70 degree day and go for a 50 mile spin anywhere it doesn't matter. While driving you will feel the old years slip away and find yourself at that youthful 25. This car is amazing, it's exactly what the doctor ordered for a mid life crisis. Not to sound to old I am only 37 but there was a 12 year renewal with the last drive. Feeling 25 again was pretty neat! On now with some observations. Did a cleaning on the car and found a puncture wound right underneath the drivers side view mirror. The gouge was deep enough to expose the black plastic. Wasn't to happy so I went to check the other side and found the same thing!! Thought this might of been an oversized Viper bite!! Seriously can some of you check to see if your car has these markings underneath the side mirrors. I thought I recalled someone else making this observation before but cannot seem to find that post.
BTW this car looks awesome from behind(except for my temporary tag from Buhler Dodge it looks like an ugly piss yellow and doesn't match the shiny silver).
Another observation was the car sounds louder with the top up then down. I think the exhaust seems to bellow and resonate louder because there is nowhere for the noise to excape when the top is up.
Talking about sound you can also hear those 10 cylinders clicking away making all that wonderful hosepower.
And for the last little tid bit which others may know already is the passenger seat is slightly smaller or seems that way. I let my brother drive while I was the pasenger and we both thought the same thing. If anyone has exact info on that I would be curious to know.
All right enough chatter time to close down.

Ken

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Found!! New \"Fountain of Youth\"

Those Viper Bites under the mirrors are probably drain holes for water. They are a good thing! My last three Corvettes didn't have them and could slowly drip water for a couple hours after a wash.
Dave

OP
OP
K

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Found!! New \"Fountain of Youth\"

no these are obvious dent marks . one side has a deeper puncture with paint being peeled off fully exposing the black plastic. Looks like someone took a srewdriver and poked up there leaving a nasty looking scar. The other side is not as bad but still very noticeable. The paint there looks like it is indented with some peeling and showing some black plastic.

Polka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Found!! New

We have the same marks under both of the mirrior. I was kind of disappointed with the looks of it, but at least nobody else can see them unless they are really looking the car over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc