Fresh Meat and new shades!

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after much encouragement from this forum , I got some new tires on the GTS. Michelin's all the way around. No more Nexen's up front and no more 14 year old Michelins' out back. I live in central Texas, where it's Hot Hot Hot! any suggestions on break-in?

I also got the windows tinted earlier this week. I said I wasn't going to make any mods to teh car. but, it's just too dang hot here in central texas not to have window tint. It seems to have hlped teh car stay a bit cooler. I hope it helps save the interior as well.

anyway, I've got some old Michelin 335's and some relatively new Nexen 275's available for sale if anybody has need from some cheap tires.

G

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after much encouragement from this forum , I got some new tires on the GTS. Michelin's all the way around. No more Nexen's up front and no more 14 year old Michelins' out back. I live in central Texas, where it's Hot Hot Hot! any suggestions on break-in?

I also got the windows tinted earlier this week. I said I wasn't going to make any mods to teh car. but, it's just too dang hot here in central texas not to have window tint. It seems to have hlped teh car stay a bit cooler. I hope it helps save the interior as well.

anyway, I've got some old Michelin 335's and some relatively new Nexen 275's available for sale if anybody has need from some cheap tires.

G

YEA! You really did it, now be safe & enjoy. New tires doesn't mean they're not wreck proof, just narrows down the chances. Have A Happy 4th!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only got about 5 miles from the tire shop and back to work in Austin traffic. But it already feels a bit sticker. should feel real sticky headed home. I think it's 96 and headed for 100 today.

I remember when I first got mine it was like they had stick'em (goes on baseball gloves) on them, it was Awesome. Because I was thinking on those old tires (only 8k miles on them, just real hard) but if this car is that hard to control, not going to be fun to drive at all & very dangerous. Just glad you listened to everybody, now you're probably thinking what mod you're going to do next.

OP
OP
G

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it happens, it would most likely be the Eibach springs. I really like the lowered look on these cars. But, I'm quite concerned about scraping stuff. Other potential mods include: subwoofer, MP3 input, and if money fell out of the sky I might look into some forced induction.

I remember when I first got mine it was like they had stick'em (goes on baseball gloves) on them, it was Awesome. Because I was thinking on those old tires (only 8k miles on them, just real hard) but if this car is that hard to control, not going to be fun to drive at all & very dangerous. Just glad you listened to everybody, now you're probably thinking what mod you're going to do next.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gtex: Now that you've got new walking boots on your Viper, you might want to consider joining us at our next coffee and cars meet in San Antonio, which is the last Saturday of every month. It starts and ends before the sun really starts to burn. Since you appear to be from the south most part of Austin, this could be an easy trip to and back for you, and would give you an opportunity to meet other Viper owners. We had a decent turnout last time, but additional Viper owners are always welcome. The S. Central Club Pres and V-Pres usually make this meet. Lots of valuable information is shared at these meets, and you get to look at some awesome Vipers, not to mention other exotic cars.

OP
OP
G

gtex

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately, I work Saturdays :-(

gtex: Now that you've got new walking boots on your Viper, you might want to consider joining us at our next coffee and cars meet in San Antonio, which is the last Saturday of every month. It starts and ends before the sun really starts to burn. Since you appear to be from the south most part of Austin, this could be an easy trip to and back for you, and would give you an opportunity to meet other Viper owners. We had a decent turnout last time, but additional Viper owners are always welcome. The S. Central Club Pres and V-Pres usually make this meet. Lots of valuable information is shared at these meets, and you get to look at some awesome Vipers, not to mention other exotic cars.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understand. There is the one in Austin, which is in the evening on the last Sunday of each month. I've not had opportunity to hit that one yet, and don't know much about it. Glad you got new tires, which are an investment you won't regret. When time permits, get your Viper out and enjoy the new ride. All the best.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score

G

14 yr old Michelins? I would not give them to my worst enemy either. Just dump them.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! I got new tires going on my car... should have my car completed and picked up by the end of the week. I also had old PS1's...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4