Friday is the big day!!!!!

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, going to look at 4 Vipers friday at a dealership, so I'll hopefully be an owner by this weekend. The problem I'm having is trying to decide is which one to focus on the choices are:
1998 RT/10 4500 mi. Red
1999 RT/10 2200 mi. Silver
2001 RT/10 6000 mi. Blue
2002 RT/10 4600 mi. Yellow
I was orginally going to look at the 99 but the others became availible. The prices are relatively close(all within 10K of each other from high to low). My question is does one have advantages over the others(besides warranty).

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say go for the 1999 Silver! :2tu:
Last year for the forged pistons and has all the interior updates of the newer models. Otherwise go for the 2000 Blue if you gotta have ABS.

Mark
:)

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 - last of the lumpy cams
2000 up - creampuffs
What dealer in 10ac has FOUR Snakes at once!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of those. Look for a GTS.
True,true. The first time you see a GTS in your RT-10 you will wish you had bought a GTS!!! :headbang:
Don't think so, :mad: Especially after the first sunny day. You'll want to take off the top and go for a leisurly drive and can't ;) RT all the way baby :headbang: :headbang:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, first time you see a GTS you will be glad you got a RT/10 (of course I may be a little biased).

Remember RED is the fastest color

B

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True,true. The first time you see a GTS in your RT-10 you will wish you had bought a GTS!!! :headbang:
Don't think so, :mad: Especially after the first sunny day. You'll want to take off the top and go for a leisurly drive and can't ;) RT all the way baby :headbang: :headbang:

First time you take a curve, and the chassis starts flexing, you'll wish you had that 30% stiffer coupe. I know I did, so I converted :)

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nothing leisurly about simmering in your own juices. Vipers are hot enough without the sun pounding you about head and shoulders. If you want a convertible, buy a miata.

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"If you want a convertible, buy a miata."

Gen 1&2 Vipers don't come in convertibles.

You have your choice of a Roadster or a Coupe.

OP
OP
N

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not surprisingly there is a lot of different opinions. :D I just talked to the dealer a few hours ago and got some more info on the cars(the red 98 is a GTS not R/T10 as orignally told ), and everything is looking good for tomorrow to indeed be the buying day. My pick as of now is the 99(sentimental year for me), but Im going to keep my options open and not make a rash decision. Ill post back and tell everyone how it goes. Until then everybody have a good Friday and a great weekend!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc