Front Mount Intercooler guys - Where do you relocate all the stuff?

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The picture below is what I am installing. I was doing some test fitting last night and looking at obstructions. Good thing the car already had holes in the bumper from a previous Front Mount. Had a few questions...

1. Where do you relocate the hood release? (I don't think it will go in the same location, but then again, maybe I can make it work)

2. Where do you relocate the charcoal canister and accessories on the driver’s side? (I guess this looks like EGR stuff... I didn't look it up in my book last night but looks like emissions stuff.)

Passenger side, water reservoir looks like it will be ok but what about all the stuff on the other side? We used to just remove charcoal canisters all together on old 5.0 Mustangs back in the days, but will it throw a light and pass inspection on my GTS? Of course in the picture below from the gentleman I bought the kit from, it was already removed at that point.

You must be registered for see images

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It just goes in the same location...you may have to bolt it right up against the bumper.
Or run a spacer behind it. I would bolt it on the fascia and hold the fascia up where you can put in
just the 1 plastic fastener in the top center of the fascia and see if your fingers can pull the release.
You do have the fascia already cut for the inter cooler right?
charcoal canisters? throw them in the garbage. Just kidding but, I dont have any.

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, the original owner of the Supercharger kit responded to me and told me about how to set up the hood release so I think I have that down.

I still need info on the emissions stuff... Will it throw a code if I pull it all off and unplug it all? I have never seen it relocated on anyone's car so I guess it's common to just pull it all off, plug off and re-route the remaining hoses as needed and store the un needed junk in the attick?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My UGR car had a custom piece fabbed up (the rebar was missing when I got the car) that the hood release mounted to. I pitched it long ago, otherwise you could have had it.

Lookin' good, man...get 'er running!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had to fab up a bracket to make the release work in pretty much the same spot. that was probably the biggest PIA of the whole job..lol

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info folks! I had a question about the canister lines again. I capped a few of the vaccume lines off last night. I has my 2 valve cover lines open, which will soon route to my twin catch cans. There is still a line I am wondering about.... It runs from the gas tank to the canister for vapors. I wonder if I should just cap it off, or place a little cone filter on it?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sure all my emission crap got put into the fender well behind the fascia. all zip tied in there

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sure all my emission crap got put into the fender well behind the fascia. all zip tied in there

I see... I guess you had more room on your car. It looks like it all got removed on the original owners car. I have been working on removing it from mine too and it looks doable. No room for it with this big ol front mount.... He even has catch cans where his emissions stuff was.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may look into seeing if I can squeeze everything back in there when it's all said and done... at least if I get and check engine lights coming on, I can try to shove it all back in there somehow. Thanks for the info!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sure all my stuff was jammed in to the drivers side. i might have pics of it at home. PM your email and i can send some to ya