Front Plate hassle. Too funny!

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had an interesting Sat afternoon. I can thank the local authorities for that.
I was on my way home with some sushi for my family when I turned onto Staford from Academy when I noticed a cop sitting at the red light going the opposite way. I could tell he wanted me bad by the way his neck extended at least 12 in from his shoulder when I went by. I was right, because it took him a whole 30 seconds to be right on my asp.
Of coarse the lights came on so I pulled over.
Now here is where the fun begins. He walks past my window and bends over to look at the front of my car. Comes back to my window and says “did you know that you don’t have a plate on the front of your car?” I say “of coarse I know, it’s my car.”
Then he starts ranting on about how the law in Manitoba states that I must show a plate on the front yadda yadda yadda. I look at him and say “there is no place for a plate.”
He then gets right ticked off and starts yelling that “I don’t care, you have to have a plate.”
So I say “go write your damn ticket and we’ll let the judge decide.” Now he is really getting ticked because I’m not letting this guy get to me.
So he takes his sweet time writing, then when he comes back to my car he gives me the regular BS about the fine, dates etc.. So I ask him if he’ll be in court when I fight the ticket. He gives me this stupid look and says “fight it, you have no plate on the front of your car. What’s to fight?” I say “I have an explanation, but I’m more interested in seeing your face when I tell the judge how you were driving like such an a-hole around a school zone at high speeds just to give me a chickensh!t ticket like this.”
He say’s “Well, I was only going to give you a warning till I realized how bad your attitude was.”
I said “a warning ticket! Ya right, you drove like that so you could catch me to give me a warning? BS, when I saw you, you had Superhero written all over you.”
Then he tells me that I had better go straight home, because if he sees me again today he’ll have my car towed home. I tell him, ya whatever, which almost ticks him off as much as the Superhero crack. So then to that he says “Infact I’m going to follow you home to make sure!”
I laugh and say that “Now I feel real important!!”
So I wait till a city bus comes along, then I pull out just before the bus gets there so he has to wait for a bunch of traffic.
So I lost him within 30 secs, no more copper.
I was laughing my asp off all the way home. What a f***’n ****!

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one of these this weekend too from some snotty nosed jealous cop. They have 5 cop cars hidden on a on-ramp, pulling over every second car and looking for a reason to hand out tickets. Cops were running after cars saying things like "I got this one". Morons

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This guy thought he was going to scare me or something by acting real tough. Instead I had him so worked up by the time I left he called in sick for work Sunday. How do I know, my stepdad is his sargent. Appearently he is a real problem cop. They have had alot of complaints about this guy. I was instructed to file a formal complaint about his driving and his attitude.
I'm normally very respectful towards cops, but this guy was on a mission. My stepdad said it was likely the car that set him off.
The funniest was when he said he was going to ****** me home and I lost him right away. He wasn't going to take a chance driving like an ***** again after I called him on his poor driving earlier.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He say’s “Well, I was only going to give you a warning till I realized how bad your attitude was.”

This is the biggest line of crap cops give out. They almost always have you sized up before they even have you stopped. I've played nice guy too many times and it never gets me anywhere these days, and I have witnesses (one cop in fact) in case anyone doubts me. I get so much attitude from pigs that now as soon as I get it from them I give it right back. It usually starts the first time they open their mouth.

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh heh great story!

I'm not looking forward to the number of times I will get pulled over when I get a Viper on Australian roads. Sure, there will be a proportion of them that will just want to have a look and can be gotten rid of by humouring them a bit... but I know there will be a large number who will see "25 year old in the only Viper on the road, which could kill my cop car, and any other car I ever drive"... and will want to hassle me.

It's the price you pay for having something they don't, when they have a little "power". Straight home or I'll tow your car my a$$. Tow my car and you'll be paying for the bodywork and the punitive damages for 10 years.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy thought he was going to scare me or something by acting real tough. Instead I had him so worked up by the time I left he called in sick for work Sunday. How do I know, my stepdad is his sargent.

Very nice!! Make sure you file that complaint.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Front Plate hassle. Too funny!...My plate story

This happened maybe a year ago after leaving a local BW3s. ( bar - restaurant ). This was at about midnight. I was leaving and looked both ways. I saw a car coming so I pulled out because he was at the very least several hundred feet back. I notice a car following me and I knew ( like most of you do ) what's about to happen. So roughly a quarter mile if not more down the road, he finally stops me. He comes up to my window and i have my license ready. I give it to him and he proceeds to ask questions. Have I been drinking..."No I haven't been drinking. I don't drink and drive." He asks if I am lieing. Even if I were, which I wasn't why the hell would I tell him? So then he walks to the front of my truck and says, you know you dont have a front license plate. I tell him yes. He tells me i could get a ticket. I ask is he going to give me one? You know being polite but giving him short sweet just to mess with him. He then starts questioning again if I had been drinking. Do you get what he is leaning towards? He WANTS ME TO BE DRUNK!!! Once he figures out I am stone cold dry, he says, I'm gonna let you off with a warning..yay. I don't understand why he stopped me? he said it was because he had to slam on brakes but there was no squeling of brakes or tires screaching. what a total [******].

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy thought he was going to scare me or something by acting real tough. Instead I had him so worked up by the time I left he called in sick for work Sunday. How do I know, my stepdad is his sargent.

Very nice!! Make sure you file that complaint.
I second that! Can we get updates on this fvcktard?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is the biggest line of crap cops give out. They almost always have you sized up before they even have you stopped. I've played nice guy too many times and it never gets me anywhere these days, and I have witnesses (one cop in fact) in case anyone doubts me. I get so much attitude from pigs that now as soon as I get it from them I give it right back. It usually starts the first time they open their mouth.

Hey Chuck... did you fix those trailer brake lights yet?

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chuck... did you fix those trailer brake lights yet?

Chuck, you fix that bad attitude towards cops yet? ;)

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bigfoot, loved your story. Man, you must have titanium ba!!s. I guess it helps to have family on the force too. Fortunately, in Indiana we don't have that stupid front license plate law.
I got a speeding ticket once while I was FOLLOWING the state cop. I was doing 55 MPH and being good. He said he clocked me on Vascar at 72 MPH. The truth was that he gave me the ticket just so he could brag to his cop buddies. Cops think that if you have a Viper, you must be a habitual speeder. If I wanted to, I could be out of sight before he had the chance to lick the powdered sugar off his lips. P.S. I fought the ticket, and won. :cool:

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a ticket for the same BS reason recently. After he wrote the ticket for no front plate, I put my window up and told him he forgot to add the tinted windows. That pissed him off! He said he was too busy to go look up that code in the book. I reminded him that he obvously isn't too busy to give me a ticket for no front plate. I also pointed out to him that police officers and CHP are always complaining how busy they are and how under staffed they are. If pulling over a car for no front plate is there idea of being busy, then they have issues. Needless to say he was pissed and told me to get on my way before my mouth gets me in trouble. I'm not flaming all CHP or police officers, most are good people. For whatever reason it seems the young ones are jelous or try to act tough :mad:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I stopped on a PUBLIC service road next to the fence for NAS Jax..(at the west end of the runway)...... to complete a cell phone call (I was losing signal and thought I'd just stop for a couple minutes).

I was sitting there.... with the engine running... emergency flashers on..... finishing my call... when an MP walked up on their side of the fence and yelled at me that I could not park next to the fence.

I told him I was just finishing a call... and would move on. He said "move on NOW! I told him I would move as soon as my call was completed and he might want to check that big dumpster just sitting about 50 feet in front of me (parked in front of the same fence line).....instead of bothering me.....(I felt comfortable saying that since he did not have his gun with him). He walked away??

When I heard the jets overhead I thought I'd better move along...... good thing my call was completed by then.

Lance

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little bit of advice, when a MP says move on, might not be a bad idea. While you may have been, and probably were within your rights, they have "ways around the law" being in the military. not to say they will break it, but they have more priveliges, especially next to a base then a common person.

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"I guess it helps to have family on the force too."

I have too much respect for my stepdad to use his position in the force to my benifit.
But he does have some good suggestions now and then!

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I guess it helps to have family on the force too."

I have too much respect for my stepdad to use his position in the force to my benifit.
But he does have some good suggestions now and then!
So tell me, does your stepdad recommend the "nice guy" approach, or does he recommend the "tough guy" approach that you seem to favor. :confused:

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many years ago, I was in a rock & roll tour bus when we got pulled over in the Pocono's. My friends dad, Big Joe, a real renagade trucker was driving. We were all pretending to be sleeping when big Joe let the smokey have it. From revenue collector to forest ranger & everything in between. I thought we were all going to spend the night in jail!. To my surprise we got off! Apperently, driving millions of miles Joe favored the tough guy approach. I have used it a few times when I knew I wouldnt be killed & it worked just as good as being the nice guy. Most of these guys were the kid in highschool everyone hated & couldnt get a date!. I know, my brother was one of them & now he's a cop for the last 30 years. I rememmber him arresting a single mom on Xmas eve for an outstanding warrent on a PARKING TICKET!! He said the law is the law....unless it pertains to them!

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gary says to let him have it with both barrels (I guess he has his own personal reasons). So "tough guy" it is!!

They are not above the law! They, if anyone, should be setting an example for the rest of us. They shouldn't be taking advantage of the power the "badge" has. They are neither above us.............or below us.
I did take the "tough guy" approach. Which I rarely do, but this guy was having a bad hair day or his dog **** on his floor. Who knows.........who cares.
I'm not a crimminal, so I should't be treated like one.
I simpley channeled his anger back towards him and that's easy to do to people with big ego's. In this case it just worked better than expected. :)

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bigfoot. From now on I'm going to take the tough guy approach. Will you bail my a$$ out of jail if it doesn't work? :cool:

OP
OP
L

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Bigfoot. From now on I'm going to take the tough guy approach. Will you bail my a$$ out of jail if it doesn't work? :cool:

No problem!!
Just call 1-800-CRY-HELP!!

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got pulled over last week for the same thing. I was cruising 70 in a 70 and knew the HP was going to turn around and stop me..... Sure enough, he did! He gave me a warning. To make a long story short, he looked around my car and started asking me questions about the car. Before it was over he said "You know, It really would be difficult to put a plate one the front", "Just look into it """"WHEN YOU GET TIME 'OR' THINK ABOUT IT"""". I felt blessed for the grace but was truely wanting to say "Dude, if you wanted to look at the car just say so!" I guess that with the harassment going on, they never know if it might get pointed at them. This was a Texas Highway Patrol, so they are not all bad!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta love stupid cops. ;) I always get followed by the cops and I am never doing anything. Helmetta New Jersey is by far the worst because the cops are always trying to find something. Tickets must be their main source of revenue for the town. :D This is where I got my first tickets (no front plate and no inspecition sticker). I was told I did not need the inspection sticker for 30 days by my dealer as it was a new car purchased out of state but come to find out NJ had a different law. Ok I understand this one. Pissed but understand. Then I get the front plate one. :shocked: What a ****. Here is the funny part. I was in that town again last week and the SAME cop that pulled me over for the front plate follows me again for the SAME reason. He is the one that told me to keep the plate in the car and there would be no problems but yet he still follows me and proceeds to run my plates. :eek: I just got out of the car and went into my friends house while she talked to him. Once I was leaving the town the same day he followed me again. I turned onto the main road and saw him. He was following me so I gave him a little show. A quick dash to the speed limit. :D LOL! Nothing he could do and that pissed him off. After I was done I drove towards my town and he stopped following me as he was "out of his jurisdiction." Gotta love those boneheads. :p

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just sent this, thought i'd pass it on. :p

While I was "flying" down the road yesterday (i.e., 10 mph over the, I passed over a bridge only to find a a cop with a radar gun on the other side laying in wait.

The cop pulled me over, walked up to the car, and with that classic patronizing smirk we all know and love, asked, "What's your hurry?" To which I replied, "I'm late for work." "Oh yeah," said the cop, "what do you do?" "I'm a ****** stretcher," I responded.

The cop was stammered, "A what? A ****** stretcher? And just what does a ****** stretcher do?" "Well," I said, "I start by inserting one finger, then I work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then with my whole hand in I work side to side until I can get both hands in, and then I slowly but surely stretch, until it's about 6 foot wide."

"And just what the hell do you do with a 6 foot arshole?"

To which I politely replied, "You give him a radar gun and park him behind a bridge....."

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy way to make the problem go away...LEE DOVE!!!
Bought a license plate holder from Lee and ALL hassles disappeared. A front plate is mandatory in NJ!
Best part..no drilling or damage to the Viper!!!
Thanks again Lee!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang