FUEL gauge is erratic !!

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fuel gauge fluctuates between 3/4 of a tank and FULL .. I had this problem with my C5 and the root cause of the problem was the Fuel Sender unit.

The other day my fuel Gauge read full and I only had 2 gallons of gas in my tank..Has anybody else experienced this problem ?? :confused:

Thanks !

Jeff

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff I got a kewl idea. I have car just like yours with a few minor exceptions, but my fuel gauge works perfect and I am such a nice guy I will trade you strait up. Hell I will even put the whole Snake Hydes interior back in. If you choose not to take me up on my very generous offer, I hope you get it fixed. The fuel tank is behind the back trunk wall, a real pain in the butt to get to, set aside a few hours with your local tech.
Chad

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats really cool of you GC yellow i would take him up on that one

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my guage is off as well. when i fill it up the guage shows a bit off the full indicator. then when its shows empty ans is on zero it really has 6 gallons in it.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just did work on your car.You have to CHECK that you put the fuel sending unit lined up in the right position with the arows. if you bend the metal arm it will show wrong to.
Max

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is all over the place as well. I wonder if it has anything to do with modifying the stock pump and adding extra pumps, etc? Something tells me your fuel system has been modified as well, Yellow.

Whoever finds the solution first, please post it back here.

Thanks,

Chad

OP
OP
Y

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jeff I got a kewl idea. I have car just like yours with a few minor exceptions, but my fuel gauge works perfect and I am such a nice guy I will trade you strait up. Hell I will even put the whole Snake Hydes interior back in. If you choose not to take me up on my very generous offer, I hope you get it fixed. The fuel tank is behind the back trunk wall, a real pain in the butt to get to, set aside a few hours with your local tech.
Chad

Chad , You really are one heck of a nice guy !Let me sleep on your offer and get back to you.. :D

OP
OP
Y

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you just did work on your car.You have to CHECK that you put the fuel sending unit lined up in the right position with the arows. if you bend the metal arm it will show wrong to.
Max

Thanks Max ! I'll have the tech at my local dealer check it out..But I think BadVpr is right..It might have something to do with the Custom Fuel Management system .

Jeff

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960