fuel rail clearance issue...

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've AB's fuel rails and have a few questions...I got the 60lb injectors from roe and there's a huge gap around the injectors compared to stocks, these are the skinny injectors, do it leave it as is or is there any bracket that goes on there or does the fuel rail hold it in place...

How about the sensor deal on passenger side? Do I just yank it out?

And same on the passenger side for the throttle body piece?

You must be registered for see images

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call Sean. It doesn't look like those injectors were meant to work with the stock manifold.

As for your other questions about sensors, you're going to have to be more specific or add pics, because I can't understand what you are asking about.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call Sean. It doesn't look like those injectors were meant to work with the stock manifold.

As for your other questions about sensors, you're going to have to be more specific or add pics, because I can't understand what you are asking about.

I got the injectors from Roe but the rails are from quality wires.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You should have just got the rails from roe the throttle cable will not line up well.
You need the spacers in this pic to go around the injectors.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have just got the rails from roe the throttle cable will not line up well.
You need the spacers in this pic to go around the injectors.

Yep those are the ones I need, putting these up for sale now...420 shipped

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The rail will hold the injectors just fine. Pull them all out and put in the new injectors. Then install the rail. I would think the rail you have should work fine.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rail will hold the injectors just fine. Pull them all out and put in the new injectors. Then install the rail. I would think the rail you have should work fine.

Would it be safe to have the gaps between the injectors?

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANY injector other than a side feed will have a gap around it.

Have you considered having someone else do all this work for you ???

Not yet, gota learn somehow...Roe sells the piece that around these injectors to keep them centered...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet, gota learn somehow...Roe sells the piece that around these injectors to keep them centered...

Out of the 200+/- Vipers with fuel rails I have never seen one with those pieces (granted I haven't seen them all). The rail has to be mounted securely to hold it down anyway which in turn will hold the injectors just fine.
If you had an intake made for top feed injectors....guess what.....the fuel rail holds them in place. You might need to save the $$$ for the next part you break ;)

Edit: I see now.....you are selling your AB's rails so you can buy the Roe rails that come with the brackets...am I right ?
You are wasting time, hopefully not money.
I will admit though, after looking those over and seeing how the rails also mount to the brackets....pretty good idea by Roe...as usual.

Last edited:

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those rails will work just fine, there are many people using them including my self.

You will need to block off the fuel pressure test port or it hits the rail. And the throttle linkage needs to be bent up and towards the drivers side to clear the rail.

Besides all that you need to follow the installation instructions and it all works well.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of the 200+/- Vipers with fuel rails I have never seen one with those pieces (granted I haven't seen them all). The rail has to be mounted securely to hold it down anyway which in turn will hold the injectors just fine.
If you had an intake made for top feed injectors....guess what.....the fuel rail holds them in place. You might need to save the $$$ for the next part you break ;)

Edit: I see now.....you are selling your AB's rails so you can buy the Roe rails that come with the brackets...am I right ?
You are wasting time, hopefully not money.
I will admit though, after looking those over and seeing how the rails also mount to the brackets....pretty good idea by Roe...as usual.

You are right, I would be more comfortable with the roe brackets holding them right. From what I see now, these rails are being held together by thin pieces of bracket on each rail. I know the injectors and the bracket will hold it in place but I would feel more comfortable with the roe brackets. It seems like if you accidentally were to apply pressure onto the rails after they are installed it would collapse on itself...I could be completely wrong but that's my opinion. I m going to order just the brackets from roe and will try to make it work with these rails and roe's brackets. I think the brackets will provide more support to the rail along with injectors. If it does work out with just the roe brackets I'll take the ad's down :2tu:

Russ M - I did not get any installation instruction...:dunno:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, I would be more comfortable with the roe brackets holding them right. From what I see now, these rails are being held together by thin pieces of bracket on each rail. I know the injectors and the bracket will hold it in place but I would feel more comfortable with the roe brackets. It seems like if you accidentally were to apply pressure onto the rails after they are installed it would collapse on itself...I could be completely wrong but that's my opinion. I m going to order just the brackets from roe and will try to make it work with these rails and roe's brackets. I think the brackets will provide more support to the rail along with injectors. If it does work out with just the roe brackets I'll take the ad's down :2tu:

If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy go for it (I do understand that concept :D) I could stand on my rails and nothing would happen.....probably more secure than a factory set up on many cars.
But if you insist:
I doubt your current rails have the holes in the flat area that would allow you to bolt to the bracket. The only way it would most likely work is if Ab and Roe used the same supplier of fuel rails. My point: look them over real well because it may cost more to buy the brackets and then the rails later as opposed to buying both together. You might tell them what you are doing and get the approval that if your rails don't work you could buy just their rails later. If they will even sell them separately.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would call Ab and get the instructions, gonna be a pain without it.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy go for it (I do understand that concept :D) I could stand on my rails and nothing would happen.....probably more secure than a factory set up on many cars.
But if you insist:
I doubt your current rails have the holes in the flat area that would allow you to bolt to the bracket. The only way it would most likely work is if Ab and Roe used the same supplier of fuel rails. My point: look them over real well because it may cost more to buy the brackets and then the rails later as opposed to buying both together. You might tell them what you are doing and get the approval that if your rails don't work you could buy just their rails later. If they will even sell them separately.

I figured that, I m gonna look for a washer that will sit in there and use the stock bracket to hold the washer down. It will keep it in place and I'll be satisfied...I'll post pics if it works...

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUYZZ,

With some after market fuel rails it's required to switch up to long injectors to compensate for the billet rail and its machined mounts. I have run into this before. Just remember if you change to the long injectors and or larger injectors your tuner should re-map the computer to optimize the new injectors (tell them how to function).

Toddy

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just give me a call. See number below. The rails will work fine. I will give you a few pointers, but the only change you will need to make is the throttle bracket. These rails are based on a Bosch style injector or similar ones. Don't tighten anything down until all injectors are seated correctly. Good for you for tackling your own project. :) On the fuel side just don't mess around if you are not sure about it. I will do my best to walk you through. :)

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like my signature got modified again by someone else. I guess I am breaking forum rules again. :)

I think you have my phone number if not go to my website it's there. I would list the site but I think that is against forum rules? Not sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456