Fuel smell

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny you said this I just had the same problem in my 95 RT/10. I have always noticed a gas smell as I was driving in town. One day I walk into the garage and notice a small puddle of oily looking liquid on the floor under the rear passanger side wheel. My Dad and I took the covers under the wheel well apart and took off the wheel. We noticed that the gas was leaking from around where the filler tube goes into the tank. The rubber ring around the tube where they connect was dry rotten and leaking. The oily looking spot on the floor was gas mixed with dirty and plastic and rubber. I hope this helps, it only took the two of us about two hours to fix the problem, but we did have to drive all the way across town to get the rubber ring. We had to take the filler tube out of the tank, which was a little tough becasue it extends into the tank pretty far. Then just replace the rubber piece and push the filler tube back in. Button up the wheel well and put your wheel back on and it should solve the problem. Don't do this operation with a full tank of gas, I made this mistake when I did it, but I would not have know what the problem was if hadn't filled up the tank and drove straight home and parked it in the garage. The rubber peice is not expensive so it doesn't cost much to fix, if you need more info or help, email me at [email protected]

MJBComp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same gas smell when i was driving around in town or stopped at a light. My solution was 'DIRTY' air filters. I had the original Mopar filters with the pre-screens and they were dirty. I immediately replaced them with K&N filters. Problem solved. Easy fix...

Hope this helps...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper