Future values of ACRs

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO if they build a Gen V ACR at the prices people are talking (wanting) $150k+ with flappy paddle, carbon ceramic brakes etc it will help prop the value of the Gen IV ACRs to keep them strong.
Maybe you are not following the news? You may want to check on car Chrysler already built, GTS R-3, it is close to half mil though.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a couple years when Gen V SRT's and GTS's are being traded in for new models hard to see why someone would say they want a used GEN 4 ACR
over one of them when the performance is virtually equal and the build quality and amenities are far superor.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tend to think that the center band Gen4 ACR cars will be more desirable than either stripes or solids although the 2010 stripes look great out on the road too.

SSGNRDZ_28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I have to say about the Gen IV Vipers is that the build numbers are low and they are the last of the “Dodge” Viper, last of the cars without traction control, etc. Also, most color combinations are just as rare as any special edition. In addition, they only made a coupe of this Gen III / IV body style for 4 years. So these cars have some things going for them but short term they will depreciate like most cars; check back again in 20 years.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you are not following the news? You may want to check on car Chrysler already built, GTS R-3, it is close to half mil though.

You mean like the thread I started in the Gen V subforum? Yea totally not following the $459k non street legal all out race car. Not even comparable to the street legal ACRs. The GT3-R is not and will not be a replacement for the ACR.

The TA will not fill that niche either. Either SRT gives people what they want, a mean street legal Gen V ACR or those 635 lucky owners of the Gen IV have a truly special car.

That can be driven to your favorite spot with your favorite gal in the passenger seat.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR is a keeper. If anything I will add a Gen V ACR( if they make one)..

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have to agree with Dan Lesser , as I was helping some with the Matrix for Viper Days years back and the advantage with the ABS cars was enought that points were assessed because these cars were flat faster at the track. It was a darn good system at that time , and it did not take long for folks to figure out they needed it to cut off a few more seconds.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not know, I do not go to Gen 5 section. But... if you want paddle shifters, this car has them. Sorry, I am old fashioned and cannot fathom paddle shifters on a Viper or any other car I would own. I do not know how you can go anywhere in your car either, I have a regular Viper and cannot clear any curbs or speed bumps so unless my favorite spot is the nearest salt flat, so much for that idea for me...

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to agree with Dan Lesser , as I was helping some with the Matrix for Viper Days years back and the advantage with the ABS cars was enought that points were assessed because these cars were flat faster at the track. It was a darn good system at that time , and it did not take long for folks to figure out they needed it to cut off a few more seconds.
I do not think a better handling car is necessarily a guarantee for higher collectible value...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not there is more clearance under a Gen 3 or 4 than under a Gen 2.
Five inches. On a Gen 2 the way the front air dam is designed with the downturned lip there is 3-3/4".

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not there is more clearance under a Gen 3 or 4 than under a Gen 2.
Five inches. On a Gen 2 the way the front air dam is designed with the downturned lip there is 3-3/4".
I have an air dam that sticks out quite a bit and side skirts make it worse. The overhang is what gets me. My vette is only 3 inches off the ground (front, sides and rear) but with little overhang, it is way easier to maneuver (still cannot clear any speed bumps but going sideways helps me with curbs somewhat...

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon when you say performance is almost equal, are you talking about on the street or on the track? I cant see the current GenV running the same times the GenIV ACR posted without all the downforce.

In a couple years when Gen V SRT's and GTS's are being traded in for new models hard to see why someone would say they want a used GEN 4 ACR
over one of them when the performance is virtually equal and the build quality and amenities are far superor.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither ACR X or drag pak are street legal though ... If I was a betting man, I would go with Comp Coupe as an investment :D

You are correct, however they are both based directly off of the street car and look very similar to their inferior cousins. It's best that I don't have the means, because they would end up on the street.:D