GA VCA Autocross This Sunday 4-27-03

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chattanooga for me. My daughter went last month in her 350z and she is hooked. Its only 15 minutes so I think we will stay up here. It is an hour and thirty from the Varsity so it is closer for you guys too. It will not have as much of a straight ..... it is a tighter coarse. Last time it was a 2 lapper.

J.D. Farmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'll go to watch. I can get to the varsity, problem is, old faithful isn't gonna keep up with you guys on the way down. Could I bum a ride with someone from the Varsity?

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be at the Middle GA event. Somebody has to represent the Z06 cars. :) Don't wait for me at Varsity though.

-Teddy

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Ryan offered too so there should be seat for me somewhere. See ya'll at Varsity

JD,

If you want a little sun, you can ride with me... the sole RT/10 of the group. The weather is looking good, so I'm leaving the hard top at home!

J.D. Farmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are biding on "JD Farmer as passenger in your car from Varsity to Warner Robins on 4/27/03

Bidding closes at 7:45 am 4/27/03

***Reserve has ben met***

Current high bid "top down in the RT/10."
High bidder "Achilles99"

Visa, Master Card, and Pay Pal excepted on all monetary bids
Bidder excepts all terms and conditions here in, here out there for, to from, and unto all implied and un implied statements, conceptions, and misconceptions there of with no exceptions and not limited to any and all expectations for with to the falsification of said exceptions intentional or unintentional and bound to any and all other factual and nonfactual obligations of the bidder. Failure by the bidder to abide by the terms and conditions shall result a public [******] slappin' followed by death by embarrassment before a jury of your peers.

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time today! It was nice to meet the 2 new faces to me - JD and Tom.

You must be registered for see images

I love my new auto-x trophy. :)
You must be registered for see images

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Teddy. Can someone post the times?
I had an awesome time at the track this weekend -- I'll post a review soon.

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete -- I had a great time. When I get a chance I will write a long review in a separate thread. One thing is for sure, that is much more of a handling track than a horsepower track ...

J.D. Farmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the best Viper time was linh at 55.5 with Tom and Ryan getting solid mid 50 second runs to back him up.

Teddy, what was the best Z06 time?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a best run of 52.846 in the Z06.

52.846 to a 55.XX You killed my boys....aarghhhh

What? J.D., the ride home with the top down must have jogged your memory :) I got back to back 53.5's... remember? I was making fun of Ryan, because he could only muster a 54.xx with RACE SLICKS on. Heck, you even beat him in his own car with a 53.6 :)

Still, Teddy beat me by several tenths. Congrats to him, it was an impressive run. The fastest times were (without regard to class):

Teddy98Z28M6 Z06
A-Street Prepared

achilles99 Viper
Stock
53.5xx

JD viper (Ryans car)
Street Mod
53.6xx

Ryan viper
Street Mod
54.xx

Ron Z06
Stock
55.xx

Brian Z06
Street Mod
55.xx

Tom Viper
A-Street Prepared
56.xx?

The Vipers still took two first place trophies, with the Z06 pulling only one :)

Next time, the Vipers need to reclaim the overall first place position. I think if ChrisGTS and 1Tony1 show up, it will be a Viper sweep once again :)

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ready to bring it to the track May 11 at Little Talladega. We'll see what happens there. But the Atlanta SCCA talent will be there too, which is very formidable.

lonestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am ready to bring it to the track May 11 at Little Talladega. We'll see what happens there. But the Atlanta SCCA talent will be there too, which is very formidable.

Is that Paul in his red Z06?

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be an affirmative! Tony may be the only one who can handle Paul. Both have slicks, and both are great drivers.

Tony, are you coming to the event for sure?

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul is the one who introduced me to autocrossing and taught me when I was first starting. He is an excellent driver and has his car completely prepped for autocrossing (slicks, lowered, alignment).

ryan 94RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LInh for someone who has a scca race car I would think you would know the difference between " slicks " and a dot approved tire... Just for your own knowledge a race slick is between 4-6 sec faster than the tires you are reffering to as "slicks"... PUlled of my kumos (or what was left of my kumos) and all that was left was a little tire and steel belts.. Too many heat cycles and track events to be safe to run anymore,bye bye kumos hello hoosiers... Again not a slick this is a street tire but a faster tire than most...
ryan

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LInh for someone who has a scca race car I would think you would know the difference between " slicks " and a dot approved tire... Just for your own knowledge a race slick is between 4-6 sec faster than the tires you are reffering to as "slicks"... PUlled of my kumos (or what was left of my kumos) and all that was left was a little tire and steel belts.. Too many heat cycles and track events to be safe to run anymore,bye bye kumos hello hoosiers... Again not a slick this is a street tire but a faster tire than most...
ryan

Hehe... I LOVE the smack talk!

Kumho Victoracers are MUCH stickier than stock Michelin Pilot Sports :) I'd say they were more similar to Hoosiers than stockers, but you are right... Hoosiers are probably a little better.

The one thing I didn't like about Hoosiers compared to the Victoracers I had on my Supra was that I felt that Hoosiers let go without warning. The Victoracers were easier to drive "on edge"... but that was just my opinion.

The Victoracers are definitely the best bang for your buck, though... I wish they made them in 18's!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dot tires are legal in stock classes,no? Also the Khumos suxx compared to the Hoosier. The reason you feel the control with the Khumo is you are going much slower. The Hoosier with proper inflation is a very contollable tire. In RR conditions the Khumos go away in real fast, but will come back if you let off , the hoosier on the other hand will stay fast longer, but when they go away ther is little turning back. I did the 12 hour @ homestead last week & the car had Khumos on it. They last long time , but Ill take the hoosier anyday.

OP
OP
T

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed so many gates ( I can't see worth a [******]) I only got one run that counted! You can't go very fast when you don't see the gates very well. Tony, much harder course than Chat! Never missed a gate there!

tw

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang