GADS! Are B/W's now orphans?

OP
OP
G

gtstom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I of course agree that the front plate looks horrible. Unfortunately here in Champaign IL. the city and county police don't look kindly on cars with no front plate. But, as stated in the ad, I fabricate Viper lic brackets that bolt to an existing bolt that is part of front bmpr to frame mounting. Can be removed in less than a minute. Main reason for fear of ticket is my ins. premium is way reasonable. In fact I pay more annual premium on wifes Vette and my 09 Ram than the Viper.
Yea, I 2nd that. The front license plate looks awful on the car.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I of course agree that the front plate looks horrible. Unfortunately here in Champaign IL. the city and county police don't look kindly on cars with no front plate. But, as stated in the ad, I fabricate Viper lic brackets that bolt to an existing bolt that is part of front bmpr to frame mounting. Can be removed in less than a minute. Main reason for fear of ticket is my ins. premium is way reasonable. In fact I pay more annual premium on wifes Vette and my 09 Ram than the Viper.

In Massachusetts it's the same way, I was already pulled over for it once, but refuse to put one on. It's a pretty stupid law and very unfortunate for the people owning Vipers since it completely kills the look of the car, but regardless I won't put one on- I just consider it Viper tax.

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'd take it off to snap some pictures. Then you can put it back on for driving around. Good luck with the sale.

Vman455

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I never had a problem with it; even after being pulled over by Champaign Police and University Police, they never mentioned the no-front-plate. Ditch it.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had a problem with it; even after being pulled over by Champaign Police and University Police, they never mentioned the no-front-plate. Ditch it.

Yea, I really don't ever have a problem either.. *knock on wood* so it's not something I worry about 24/7 but it's still on my mind every once in awhile. Fortunately, I only got a warning when I was pulled over once for it, which was back in March. I guess I was kinda asking for it since it was around 12:30-1am and apparently the cops had nothing better to do so they see me driving and try to find something to pull me over for. :smirk:

I have the rubber front plate mount from JonB, but as I said I won't use it. I have my front plate mounted on it though in the trunk. So I just told them, the car isn't made to have a front plate, however their is a custom plate holder that was made for it which I have stored in the trunk if you would like to see. The cop actually said no, it was fine, but the excuse I used and will continue to use, is that it's very easy to steal if you leave it on the car and I always forget to put it back on.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ajs_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold a 1997 GTS B/W two months ago for more than what you are asking for your Viper and it had paint work. I agree with Bill all around on this one, time is the only thing that is going to move your Viper…and maybe a FOR SALE sign with the GTS cleaned up outside the gate of a special car event wouldn’t hurt. It’s all about people finding you when it comes to selling high end vehicles, when it’s high end older vehicles its people with available cash finding you. My customer found my online; the key to online listings, pictures, information, exposure and contact. If you can make that work for you then you will sell your Viper. PM me if you have any questions I love a good challenge.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a 96 B/W and was looking at your ad a while back, but my feeling was that it was overpriced. I would expect to see a dealer try to sell the car at 43000 (and probably accept anything above 41), so for a private party offering I think it is high. For reference, here is a clean 96 B/W with less miles that was offered for 40k last week and it had no takers.

I think some better pictures may also help. The ones in your ad don't really show much.

So....... You're in the market for a 96 B/W. You expect the dealer price to be $43000, with $41000 being what you'd expect them to take for it. You found the Viper you're looking for, at a dealership, for $40k with no takers, yourself included. :dunno:

gtstom: I think you have it priced perfectly, if not a little lower than expected. Will it sell faster if you lower the price? It sure will. Will it sell at it's current price at some point? Absolutely. The numbers are in your favor. If someone actually has the cash and knows what they are looking for, they will know they can't run down the street to buy a similar Viper at a lower cost.

One more thing to consider. Look at all the posts this has generated? If someone could get a similar car at a lower price, they'd buy it and wouldn't bother posting. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960