gas wars!!!!!!!!!

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about you guys, but im sick and tired of the gas prices going up, espically diesel. So I thought I would share this email that I got from a friend. Some of may have received it but for those of you who have not, here is it. I dont know if doing this will REALLY work, but I am willing to give it a try. (Subject: Gas War (IMPORTANT)

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from
one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth
your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a
gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to
come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip
Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt"
ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us
than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has
come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with
us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is
super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my
town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we
need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more
each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to
see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by
not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we
CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price
war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they
reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But
to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of
Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp
out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to
reach millions of people. I am sending this note to 30 people. If each
of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300
send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the
time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached
over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass
this on
to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If
it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE >>>>HUNDRED
MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If
you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do
is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.) How long would all
that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within
one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted
within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that
much potential,
did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense
to you, please pass this message on.
I suggest that we not buy from
EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Sherry Krass
Baxter Center for Service
847-948-2435 )

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
boy o boy you dont suprize me at plumie bouy .........stick that company card in yer ....well you know the next move well i expect.......

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
boy o boy you dont suprize me at plumie bouy .........stick that company card in yer ....well you know the next move well .i expect.......

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one of the most ignoramus ideas I've ever heard. You said in the write up "they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas." That's because we're addicted to it! Our entire economy runs on it and there is no alternative at this point. So you boycott one company and buy from the others??? What happens when the other companies start raising their prices?

Ever heard of supply and demand? When the demand exceeds supply prices go up. That's exactly what's happening now. There's enough oil in the ground to sustain us for another hundred or more years but the supply is limited by Opec. Our demand grows continuously which why prices continues to rise. Until we start drilling and pumping all of our own oil or invade a middle east country the prices are not going to change anytime soon.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to blast it to over 2000 of my website subscribers! and tell them to forward it on as best they can as well. Twinturbo consider your message sent to 2000 more people, it's worth the effort.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's one of the most ignoramus ideas I've ever heard. You said in the write up "they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas." That's because we're addicted to it! Our entire economy runs on it and there is no alternative at this point. So you boycott one company and buy from the others??? What happens when the other companies start raising their prices?

Ever heard of supply and demand? When the demand exceeds supply prices go up. That's exactly what's happening now. There's enough oil in the ground to sustain us for another hundred or more years but the supply is limited by Opec. Our demand grows continuously which why prices continues to rise. Until we start drilling and pumping all of our own oil or invade a middle east country the prices are not going to change anytime soon.
it's not what I SAID, I did not have anything to do with the write UP.

OP
OP
T

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Prices are going up because the consumer is willing to pay the High cost, and yet we are not willing to do anything about it. I hear alot of complaining on this board about high cost of fuel, but yet we are not doing anything about it. Exxon & Mobil have us by the balls and they now it, .02

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$3.77 full service NYC. 1st ave ...crazyyyyyyyy
My gas bill this month, $756- for 5 cars.. I am lookig for a moped.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Clearly our own oil companies are part of the "******".... was Exxon or Mobil that posted a $36 BILLION profit for 2005?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/qu

Agreed 100%

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I have to say I truly Hate Mobile. They have always been a rip off. You can always count on them being 15 to 20 cents higher for no damn reason any time of the year.

For those of you handy with tools here's hydrogen conversion. http://www.switch2hydrogen.com/h2.htm
Works out to 75 cents a gallon.

If you can implement the use of high efficient solar panels
in the hydrogen conversion process it works out to be far less than 75 cent a gallon.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A collection of clips from around the web and my own $.02 for my mass reading on fuel extraction/production/refining over the past year:

In today’s world, fuel distribution is handled much like power distribution. Shell puts a gallon of fuel into the grid and pumps a gallon out from another point on the grid. Additives are introduced at proprietary tank farms located throughout the nation. In some cases, tank farms are shared by more than one producer. In that case, each producer keeps track of how much it puts into the tank farm and how much it withdraws. End result in that case is that what you get at the pump is the same no matter where you go, but the profit is directed towards the corporation that introduced the fuel into the grid.

You might think that Exxon/Mobil has made enough money off of me period. If I buy from Citgo/other, the profits goes to Citgo, not Exxon/Mobil. Simple as that. However, this is not true, especially for 'local' convenience stores not directly associated with any "labeled fuel producer". And,consider this: was it Shell, Mobil, Exxon or someone else who made the propane you use...you will never know.

Looking into your tank, you might be looking at gasoline sold to Citgo by Exxon, BP or whoever. So what, Citgo maybe bought the (refined) gasoline on the spot market or refined it itself in one of its 6 or 7 refineries across the US. The crude in those refineries may also have come from an Exxon or BP or whoever’s field as Citgo bought it again on the crude spot market. More than likely the crude in Citgo is Venezuelan crude which is ’sour’, heavy crude (just like Valero Energy - big sour crude refiner).

Oil from all sources is comingled in the pipeline before it gets to the refinery. Exxon doesn’t sell Exxon oil exclusively and Citgo doesn’t sell Citgo exclusively. You’re probably buying Exxon oil at Citgo and didn’t even know it. But I hope it makes your heart feel good to imagine you’re sticking to Exxon when you’re really not.

Another thought is this: power plants across the USA use natural gas to produce their energy (wind/solar/hydro/etc average less than 10% of overall US energy production -- notice, not speaking of coal here) ... where did that fuel come from? Dunno, you have no way to control where the power plant acquired its fuel that generates the juice that powers up the computer your using to read this with...

-J

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign in my area.
7328GasOMG.jpg

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A collection of clips from around the web and my own $.02 for my mass reading on fuel extraction/production/refining over the past year:

In today’s world, fuel distribution is handled much like power distribution. Shell puts a gallon of fuel into the grid and pumps a gallon out from another point on the grid. Additives are introduced at proprietary tank farms located throughout the nation. In some cases, tank farms are shared by more than one producer. In that case, each producer keeps track of how much it puts into the tank farm and how much it withdraws. End result in that case is that what you get at the pump is the same no matter where you go, but the profit is directed towards the corporation that introduced the fuel into the grid.

You might think that Exxon/Mobil has made enough money off of me period. If I buy from Citgo/other, the profits goes to Citgo, not Exxon/Mobil. Simple as that. However, this is not true, especially for 'local' convenience stores not directly associated with any "labeled fuel producer". And,consider this: was it Shell, Mobil, Exxon or someone else who made the propane you use...you will never know.

Looking into your tank, you might be looking at gasoline sold to Citgo by Exxon, BP or whoever. So what, Citgo maybe bought the (refined) gasoline on the spot market or refined it itself in one of its 6 or 7 refineries across the US. The crude in those refineries may also have come from an Exxon or BP or whoever’s field as Citgo bought it again on the crude spot market. More than likely the crude in Citgo is Venezuelan crude which is ’sour’, heavy crude (just like Valero Energy - big sour crude refiner).

Oil from all sources is comingled in the pipeline before it gets to the refinery. Exxon doesn’t sell Exxon oil exclusively and Citgo doesn’t sell Citgo exclusively. You’re probably buying Exxon oil at Citgo and didn’t even know it. But I hope it makes your heart feel good to imagine you’re sticking to Exxon when you’re really not.

Another thought is this: power plants across the USA use natural gas to produce their energy (wind/solar/hydro/etc average less than 10% of overall US energy production -- notice, not speaking of coal here) ... where did that fuel come from? Dunno, you have no way to control where the power plant acquired its fuel that generates the juice that powers up the computer your using to read this with...

-J

This is exactly the right way to look at it. Aggregate demand doesn't change when you buy from one retailer or another. Supply will just shift to get to the retailer with the demand......i.e. no price change.

;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960