gauges

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
35 months now since my car's "born on" date so I had it in the shop to take care of some interior and trim issues, that I know will not be covered under the extended.

The Dodge Dealer (no names) took care of the issues and delivered the car to me fully washed and detailed. Unfortunately, the guy who detailed the interior scratched the $hit out of the 3 of the 4 plastic covers over the gauges that line up in the dash.

I thought you could just replace the clear plastic cover on these, but the dealer ordered me three entire new gauges. (their dime.....actually over $100 ea...the fuel gauge was closer to $150)

It just made me think, I've always used 100% cotton towl to wipe these gauges and have never had a problem. What should ideally be used or what do you use? Thanks for your help.

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think cotton, but be sure there is no sand particles there as the towel may still pick up a grain and scratch the lens. I vacumn mine first then gently wipe and blow on it at the same time. Is that anal or what?!

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd use the little can of compressed air and blow the dirt off. If that alone didn't work, then a light spritz of lens or eye glass cleaner lightly dried with real lens cloth, not a tissue, etc.

Worst case, pick up a plastic polishing kit. Will remove the scratches in the lens face quite easily.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stole one of those makeup brushes from my wife. It's got a wooden handle and a big bundle of soft hair bristles. Works great on lots of things.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456