Gen 1 Buying Help Needed

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tan Interior 93 Antennae car not OE.
Only one was made for a Team V guy and he and his son still has it.

Ask yourself why? Love? Mold? Fire?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon, You didn't look close at the pictures. The seat are stock gray, not tan

Ezy03, if you've been searching then you must have a pretty good idea of what similar G1's are priced at. I've lost track on pricing but I do have a 26k red tan that I've owned since '96. Looks ok in photo's but most cars do. Looks like lots of recent service. I'd ask for all the service records and make sure you see a Carfax or Auto check history

Again, seems clean in the pictures, I do see that they repainted both valve covers and didn't do that great of a job as the viper logo is painted over. Also, he says no tops. A nice soft top or hardtop will cost you $1500 or more for each and you definitely want a top. Can't see the tire age, not uncommon for 15 year old tires to have plenty of tread. If there more than 5 years old you should consider replacing them. Good luck and keep us posted!! Mike

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
redtanrt10, please note that the seller has described the interior as tan in the notes of the ad.

It looks "sort of tan" to me...and, tan to my Wife.

In my opinion, there are other questions that I could raise about this car that would have to be resolved by an in person inspection. Hopefully, whomsoever a serious buyer may be...they will take the time to thoroughly go over this car...and, ideally hire a period trained, knowledgeable, highly experienced Viper Tech to vet this car.

Best of luck to all.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve, don't disagree with your comments regarding an inspection.

Yeah, seller said tan, I get it. I've got a tan interior and while the pictures in the add aren't the greatest, as soon as I saw the first one I could tell it wasn't tan

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Chad Spackman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something to check is whether factory head gaskets have been replaced with cometic gaskets ( I didn’t looks at specs so perhaps that’s covered. If not, you’ll want to have a look or get them to take pictures of heads from below). And it’s always informative to start the car after it’s been sitting for 24 hours to check for long crank times and thus infer pressure regulator and pump check ball status. Clutch height at engagement can tell you a bit about clutch. Always nice to run through the gears if you have access. Color of brake snd clutch fluid will tell you some about service quality. Turns dark with age and moisture. I have a 94. All those things got me at some point.