Gen 1 Dash Bezel

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a full Gen 1 dash bezel (including the glove box, the center section and the 2 small matching pieces on the door). I do not care if they are scratched to hell. All I want is that they are not damaged (broken, chipped, etc.) because I wish to repaint them and install them in my Gen 1. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
george, i just did the repaint on my gen1 and it was not hard. dont worry about buying one to paint just paint the one you have. i have been wanting to do a write up with pics but have not had the time yet.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon B had them when I was looking.

I just ended up painting all of my plastic pieces black, used a vinyl dye on the rest of the interior pieces (knee bolsters, console, etc.) and topped it off with new black Gen. I seat covers.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jason,

do you have pics of the interior. i would love to see what the seats and knee bolsters look like when they are black. i think the dash looks better black and they should have done that from the beginning.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jason,

do you have pics of the interior. i would love to see what the seats and knee bolsters look like when they are black. i think the dash looks better black and they should have done that from the beginning.

It looks good (stupid flash highlights flaws), but if you're not careful you can scratch down the gray. I removed the interior, prepped the vinyl with rubbing alcohol and used some vinyl dye from Pep Boys to put a few coats on each piece. I also did the pieces that were already black (sport bar pad, door trim pieces, bulkhead) so the density and reflectivity of the pieces were consistent. I used a flat finish so I could vary the shine with Armor All or the like.

I also have a few MGW pieces in there, and a new Clarion touchscreen that I added because it had brushed buttons.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
george, i just did the repaint on my gen1 and it was not hard. dont worry about buying one to paint just paint the one you have. i have been wanting to do a write up with pics but have not had the time yet.

Thanks, but I want to take the original one off and store it because it is still in good shape. If I sell someday, it may be important to have an original one. :)

propsail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but I want to take the original one off and store it because it is still in good shape. If I sell someday, it may be important to have an original one. :)

That's exactly what I'm doing now, and storing my original. If you have no luck w/ Jon B., I had very good luck with getting parts from Viper Parts Larry.

~Craig

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the stock greg, I have tryed to dye alot of cars threw the years,only to have alot of pealing, good luck with yours!

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Interior has been dyed for years. Go for it, you won't look back. Proper prepping and curing is the secret. I let mine cure for 1 week and the interior looks great 3 years later!

Also, replaced my original hot in the summer leather seats with cloth "Recaro" like seats. Required custom mounts but the interior now looks modern with the red/back interior and new seats.

Wife loves that her thighs no longer get burnt in the summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang