Gen 1 Headlight switch knob removal??

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to remove just the headlight switch knob without removing the shaft in the switch. What holds the headlight knob onto the headlight switch shaft? How do you seperate the two pieces? I am going with an aftermarket MGW knob that will fit on the shaft, but I am at a stand still until I can get the original knob off without damaging it.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the knee bolster, reach under the dash at the back of the headlight switch there is a button, push down the button and the knob and shaft will pull out of the switch. You will have a better chance of removing the knob with it out of the switch.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remove the knee bolster, reach under the dash at the back of the headlight switch there is a button, push down the button and the knob and shaft will pull out of the switch. You will have a better chance of removing the knob with it out of the switch.

Let me clarify the button is on top in the back of the switch. It is somewhat of a pain to push down and get the handle and knob to release, it will come out easy when properly released.