Gen 1 with Gen 2 18"s...suggest tire pressures?

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a gen I with gen II 18"wheels and new PS2's. Can anyone suggest appropriate tire pressures for the normal to high spirited driving on the street. Especially maximum grip on acceleration. Keep in mind suspension changes etc./differences between gen 1's and 2's.
Thanks.

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I heard that 43.5 in the front and 16.7 in the rear is bang on for spirited straight line drivig with a nitrogen fill....

Your welcome Tom...glad I could help...lol

OP
OP
Z

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glenn, I just thought that it would be slightly different than for the heavier Grocery Transport Service viper---that's all. :D

(*as mike would say)

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Glenn, I just thought that it would be slightly different than for the heavier Grocery Transport Service viper---that's all. :D

(*as mike would say)

Oh yes.. Tom you brought up a very good point.

Hmmm... now if it were a couple boxes of bran cereal, bread, lettuce, chips, etc. not a problem, less pressure may be better. Yet if it's a full load.. canned tomato sauce, 2 litre bottles of pop, apple juice, oranges, ravioli, case of perrier, steaks, chicken breasts, ribs, bbq sauce, watermellon, basket of apples, jugs of milk, orange juice, kitty litter, dog or cat food, butter, bag of apples, gatorade, meat pies, fish sticks, nuggets, hot sauce, vinegar, salsa, canned soup, iced tea, wine, case of beer, bags of ice, etc.. well this is quite a dynamic situation! Leaving the grocery parking lot the tire pressure should be higher if you intend on racing home. Actually you should look into ACR dampers, you can adjust the preload, etc.. that may also help on top of increasing the tire pressure.

It is a very complicated question indeed.. just trying to help!

:eater:

OP
OP
Z

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But don't forget about "weight transfer"....makes all the difference in a race (and out of the grocery parking lot).
BTW, We could only fit a couple bags of concrete in the trunk of our RT's to match all that food, and hatch glass, etc. ....lucky Glenn! :cool:

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now listen.. I've only used the Viper to get grocers a few times so there's no need to make fun of me...lol and I did get alot of groceries in the hatch as well as two large water containers. And I noticed that with the water in the back she hooked up real good.

You guys should try it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine