Gen 2 Rear Brake Caliper Adapters for CTSV Camaro SS Rear Calipers

TriniTT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks, I've developed some adapter brackets for the CTSV/Camaro SS rear calipers over 13" (Gen 1-2) or 14” viper rotors (Gen 3-5). These will be made here in Alabama using billet T6061 aluminum and will include hardware for adapter to hub. They will work with the oem Camaro SS rear caliper mounting bolts and the brackets install very similarly to the Ipsco adapters. Note: These will only work on Gen 2 cars 96-00 and will not work with the ABS spindles.

All-in it’s a cheaper alternative to the gen3+ rear retrofit and is properly biased so doesn’t require a proportioning valve. It also allows users to choose between keeping the fronts stock and only upgrading to 13" rear rotors, or upgrading the fronts to Gen 3+ and going with 14" rotors in the rears.

Benefits include:

*Proper brake torque bias: from stock bias 70/30, to 58/42 with stock front calipers and 14" rear rotors, to an ideal 65/35 with front Gen 3 calipers and 14" rotors or stock Gen 1-2 front calipers and 13" rotors all around. Compare this to the oem Gen 3 front/rear at 52/48 that requires a proportioning valve to dial back.
*Select between oem rotor blanks or lighter Stoptech 2-piece aero rotors.
*Calipers can cost between $150-180 fully loaded on eBay
*Utilizes 14" FRONT rotors (Gen 3-5) or 13" FRONT rotors (Gen 1-2)(REAR 14" rotors can be utilized instead if you specify when ordering)
*GM Brembos are LIGHT
*Massively increased cooling capacity when moving to larger rear rotors, 4-piston calipers and larger pads.
*Utilizes the stock rear brake lines
*Ipsco rear parking brakes are usable when utilizing FRONT rotors in the rear.
*Should work with stock rear brake lines
*GM calipers use the same exact pads as the Gen 2 front caliper
*GM Brembos come stock with Ferodo 1000 pads which are excellent street/light track duty pads and match well with an array of front pads, from street to aggressive track

My local machine shop will do a production run on these, but to obtain a set you will have to place an order in advance so I know how much material to order. I will not be making extra sets, so order in advance or wait until later in the year (most likely in the Fall) when I can do another production run based on demand.

Cost: $280 shipped for a set
Timing: These will take around a month to complete once all orders are received. I must receive your order by this Saturday, March 31.

I have several members here who can vouch for me, and I manufacture parts for other chassis regularly so this is business as usual for me. Please keep in mind, to be competitive with existing brackets, recently the cost of metals has increased, aluminum to the tune of 30%, and soon you’ll see increases in billet parts from other manufacturers as well.

Caliper info: You'll want to source calipers from the 04-13 Cadillac CTSV or 10-13 Camaro SS/ZL1. The Camaro calipers have reversed bridges and *******, so you'll have to switch those around to ensure the trailing piston is in the proper position.

Full disclosure: the GM Brembos are designed to work with 28mm rotors and thus have 32mm shoulders inside each caliper. The calipers must be disassembled in order to grind down the shoulders 2mm to clear our 32mm rotors. This job takes about 15 minutes per caliper, including disassembly and reassembly. There is plenty of pad clearance to run this setup, but it should be known that this minor modification to the calipers is necessary. They also require a secondary ebrake like most other rear caliper upgrades.

To order, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your interest!

You must be registered for see images attach

Arrows point to shoulders that must be ground down 2mm:

Before, notice the taper on the top part of the shoulder:

After, grind until the shoulder height matches the taper:

Pics of 18" wheel/caliper clearance with 14" rotor:

Pics of 17" wheel/caliper clearance with 13" front rotor:

PBE97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just installed this brake upgrade using CTS-V rear calipers and 13" Stoptech rotors. Works great and is a cost effective option. Total cost of parts was around $1400.
Clearance is VERY tight and barely kisses the wheel weights. The spokes have about 3mm clearance and the barrel of the wheel has about 1-2mm with stock 17's. The pad shims and wear indicators had to be removed for clearance since the 13" rotors are wider than what comes on the CTS-V.

Parts Include:
CTS-V caliper adapter bracket
Caliper # 172-2308
Caliper # 172-2309

Centric 126.63036SL
Centric 126.63036SR

IPSCO Mechanical Parking Brake Kit
M12x40 Class 10.9 (Qty 4), Caliper to bracket bolts
Goodridge 22134 Stainless lines
Bosch BP1053 QuietCast Semi-Metallic Rear Brake Pad Set W/hardware
CRC 05016 Disc Brake Quiet
ATE 706202 Original TYP 200 DOT 4 Brake Fluid - 1 Liter