Gen 2 Stryker times at Edmonton Budweiser Park

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 2 Stryker Time at Edmonton Budweiser Park

On Friday I went to the Edmonton Budweiser Park and made some runs. The Density Altitude for the day was 3653 feet.

I’m coming in at 1.948 at the 60’, 11.774 in the ¼ @ 124.43. 1st and 2nd gear I have the typical traction problems and I know I need to change out my 5 yr old Pilot Sports hard as hockey pucks. Maybe with some decent tires at sea level I should be able to get into the low 11’s or maybe with some luck and a little more tuning even into the high 10’s.

Last year on Davenports Dyno Jet I dynoed in at 554 Hp and 550 torque at the RW. Since then I have bumped my compression ratio from 9.5:1 to 10.4:1.Once Once I get a new Dyno Run I will post it here but I’m hoping to see another 15-20 HP and 20+ ft pds of torque.

Tim

Last edited:

SST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you had a stock 708 camshaft and your other mods as you have listed how much less power would you have. In other words, how much do you think your camshaft provided over a stock 708 camshaft?

Your power numbers look great.

Thanks,

SST

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,

Nice to see you on here again. Haven't heard from you in ages.

Definitely you need new tires. Swapped PS 1's on HRSSSSS for PS 2's on HSSSSSS while it was getting painted and gained 2 gears. Cannot break traction in 2nd gear with Paxton on HRSSSSS. PS 1's are at least 6 years old-broke traction in 3 gears with them.

Good dyno numbers. Did you have to cut the timing a lot going to 10.4;1 on pump gas? New NA motor in HSSSSSS has 11;1 comp. Had to cut the timing so only dynos at 550 horse. It is a Fat Albert engine built for 800 flywheel horses. Nice sounding motor. It has a nice cam lump when idling.

We are having a BBQ next Sat. at about noon for cruise. See our thread. Would enjoy seeing you here.

Ron

OP
OP
T

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ron, I was in Peru for 4 months and maybe heading back this week so I might miss the BBQ but if I’m around I will be there for sure.

The 550 HP was before I bumped up my compression this winter so I should be maybe another 15 or 20 HP higher or even more. I can feel the difference so I could very well be closer to the 575 mark now and the drivability is way better and almost stock like.

The timing is almost on stock until 3800 then we dumped 5 degrees of timing by 4400 rpm and by 6100 redline we are 6 ½ degs ********. Probably similar to yours. I did run it with almost the stock timing and had it with 94 octane from Husky and it did pull better but they are concerned with it so to play it safe we will run it slightly ******** at least for now.
It would be nice to run them both together and see the difference between the motors and how they run.

My bottom end is stock and is the weak point but my top end is all new. If she blows I know what I’m doing next :D:D:D and she will still be NA but 600+ at the tires will be the minimum and bringing the torque up with it.

If I’m not in Peru I will see you next weekend.

Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960