Gen 3 2 dtc's "Parklamp short output short & lowbeam relay open short to ground...what do you guys think?

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I just ran a couple codes on my 06 and the results were prior to me replacing the Occupant Restraint Control Module which I was allowed to replace myself and return the part so that they could dispose (**** up). I am just too lazy after taking half the car apart to get at something underneath the radio. I would never let a dealership do this as it could be damaged by a hack that does not know what they are doing. Some may be good but there is no way a guy can do a good job in 1.4 hours when it took me almost 4 hours. I took my time but want to stay on the computer for a day to figure out the remaining errors.
I had installed Diode dynamics fog lights that had never been a problem but now I noticed that the fog lights do not go on as daytime running lights.
11 - Parklamp Short Output Short
53 - Low Beam RelayOpen/Short to Ground
Now a couple of things come to mind after checking under the hood for the low beam relay....is there a separate relay for the low beams as I could not find it? I saw a 40 amp fuse and swapped it but no change.
Anyone else out there have these same errors as a search showed up nothing?
Which parklamp and as the turn signals beside the headlights both work?
Had a previous error right fog lamp output open but this one is gone after a new scan.
Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• 20220716_202443.jpg
    20220716_202443.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 3

aacrewchief

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as I hated to do it, I let my local dealership replace my ORCM on my ‘06 SRT10 (for free due to the safety recall) and I have had no issues whatsoever. Sounds like a relay could be bad? Otherwise no idea.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AA, I totally hear you on that about the ORCM. It was absolutely unbelievable taking half the dash apart. The one danger is, the gauge cluster that goes on top of the steering column is you guessed it, not available....great. If the guy cracked it and trust me if the car has had any serious amount of sun, that piece is ripe and just asking to crack. It is very unnerving taking off a part that one may not ever get again. When taking it off one thinks , man this is hard to come off then when it finally lets go, you sigh a big relief in that the part survived. Another pain is the much talked about window regulators.....One thing all the guys need to know is to either have the window up or down when closing the door as if the window is halfway, the regulator will be done for sure. I'm glad you got yours done with no issues as it definitely wore me out.
Now I'm ready to go after the low beam relay if I can find it...ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235