Gen 3 5 axis CNC heads in production. Pics inside.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
This is the same port as on Andres Gen 3 car* that makes 643 rwhp and ran 195 at the Texas Mile. The CNC port won't be any better, it will just be easier to get more of them done. We ran 6 sets on this first run and 3 are available.

Gen 4 heads and Gen 2's will be along shortly. (It's been a tough road getting this to come to fruition)

* http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/658100-Texas-Mile-195.0-All-motor

[URL]http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/652307-643whp-606wtq-Greg-Good-Heads-Cam-with-A-amp-C-Tune

[/URL]

Last edited:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Greg!

I still remember the heads you made for me back in 2001,

317 CFM, on a gen 2 head,

YEAH BABY!

GREG GOOD IS THE MAN!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome work Greg. Glad to see that my heads/ports were baselined off my heads. I am certain they will perform just as well.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
After the Gen 4 program is running, which will be in a about a week, the Gen 2 program is next.

The Gen 2 castings have a lot of core shift from one set to another, so....I'm having to do a *safe* port that will not make even a shifted set of heads too thin. That will hurt some flow, but that's the only way we can do it. The way I've been doing the Gen 2's for years now is hand roughing using a sonic checker to not go too thin. An all out hand port won't be safe for all heads. We'll see how it works out.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super Glad to see this is in the works cause im still few years out on opening my beast up. Can not wait till the day i am able to make the call.

If this partly automated process is able to bring the pricing down on sending in my Gen2's then that would definitely speed up me being able to write the check. :)

Greg, PM with pricing once you sort out the Gen2.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here the link to a thread where a set of my Gen 4 heads ran a 10.56.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/656932-Greg-Good-does-it-again-10.566-135.8-GEN-4

Seen the link Greg just wondering the actual power your heads picked up over stock heads, and any pricing as of yet? Cause just looking at those numbers with multiple mods and DA changes etc doesn't really give a clear pic of how much power was picked up with just the heads. Also were these ported and bigger valves?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G
Reaction score
With 3.73 gears, the car made over 620 rwhp. I forget what it made stock. Dyno numbers do not always tell the whole story. Two cars can dyno the same but one can be hands down faster. That's what we're looking for in a "combination".

Those heads have a larger intake valve.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 3.73 gears, the car made over 620 rwhp. I forget what it made stock. Dyno numbers do not always tell the whole story. Two cars can dyno the same but one can be hands down faster. That's what we're looking for in a "combination".

Those heads have a larger intake valve.

Thanks Greg a dyno sheet would be real nice to see so a person could put a cost v.s dollar amount on this. Also what about pricing?

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, please keep me updated when your ready to start production with GenII heads, I have been holding off awaiting this opportunity.
I will be running your head/cam package on my "96 with an S/C application (Novi 2500) Thank you!!

troublemaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the Gen 4 program is running, which will be in a about a week, the Gen 2 program is next.

The Gen 2 castings have a lot of core shift from one set to another, so....I'm having to do a *safe* port that will not make even a shifted set of heads too thin. That will hurt some flow, but that's the only way we can do it. The way I've been doing the Gen 2's for years now is hand roughing using a sonic checker to not go too thin. An all out hand port won't be safe for all heads. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks for the information and clarification. I'm on the fence about porting the 2s, adapting a set of ported 3s or just biting the bullet and do a Gen 4 top end or possibly Strikers. I need to break down cost per Real HP and finally get my ducks in a row. So many variables, so little real information.

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
greg, please pm me a price for a set of gen 3 heads spec'd out like andres please. i've been following his build for a while and looking to replicate it. thanks!

Fuoss484

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greg, Have you gotten anywhere with the Gen II heads? I would like to get a head and cam package for my 2001 GTS.