Gen 3 exhaust - high flow cats?

MikeT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe me when I tell you I've tried the search function for this one... but to no avail. I've been an owner for a couple of years, and as you can see, I've been posting like there's no tomorrow. I think this is #3.

I have a completely stock '03 with 6k miles and looking to minimally put a cat back exhaust plus an SCT tune for better sound, reduce the cabin heat, and add a little more power. I've heard the corsa, and I like it.

I'm debating whether or not I should also go with Roe hi-flow cats.

If I did,

1) will I have any problems passing CT emissions test or have check engine lights?

2) how much louder than just the corsa is it? Crazy obnoxious loud?..like you can't hold a normal conversation at cruise? If so, I'll have big problems with my wife. God forbid I can't hear her driving instructions.

3) If I just go with the cat back, will I wish I also put on the high flow cats?

I'd love to hear a sound clip and cannot locate one through the search function.

Thanks,
Mike

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are two video's I made of my car last fall. I too have a Corsa on my Gen III, and was having problems locating video's with high flow cats and stock manifolds. While mine is probably a little more muffled than a true high flow cat car, this will give you a close sense of the sound. It has stock manifolds, stock first cat, and gutted secondary cat..with a Corsa.

http://youtu.be/c43sgyRJHSw
http://youtu.be/Fw_IMReBho8

BLK04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2004 with B&B headers 3" hi flo's & Corsa cat back and have just loaded a Roe / Sct tune..I cannot seem upload a video...pm me & I will do the facebook thing (the video is there)....I did not get a check engine light until I put on a couple of thousand miles,not sure about the emission test but the Roe tune will take care of the engine light ( I have a set of Roe O2 sims that I did not use ) It is not overly loud that you cannot talk @ cruising speed at all (top up or down ) I have not drove the car since the tune install as the car is in winter storage .........

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hated them. sounded like a boat. I counld not even talk in the car and the drone was ungly. I had Corsas behind them. Went back to just the Corsas happy and I think the car is quicker without the High Flow cats. Just ran 11.55 123 MPH with just a tune. Remember if you drag this car and go under 11.50 you can't continue without ruining your car with the mods needed to go 11.49 So enjoy what you have. IMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala