1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen 4 for $40k?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by 98intrigue, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 98intrigue

98intrigue Viper Owner

I'm not sure if this is legitimate or not, but it's worth a phone call. Here's the email the seller sent me (also sent me zip file of 87 pictures of the car:

"Hello,

The car is still for sale. The asking price is $40,000. It is located in Bellevue, WA. The car is registered on my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know!

I had a buyer offering $45,000 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
    I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Google Checkout and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me. If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping on my expense to your address because for the moment I don't have time for a meeting.

If you have cash just send me your Google id (www.GoogleCheckout.com) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.
    I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Look forward hearing from you,
    Felicia"

MODERATOR EDIT: LINK TO NON-SITE SPONSOR REMOVED.

2. Steve M

Steve M Viper Owner

Don't walk, but run away from that transaction. 99.9999% sure it's a scam, especially since the link and the email state two completely different locations.

3. Slithr

Slithr Viper Owner

^^^^ This .... Run Forest Run!

4. Steve M

Steve M Viper Owner

Two more things:

1. Regular maintenance with 1,000 miles on the clock? What regular maintenance would that be?

2. "I am willing to take care of the shipping on my expense to your address because for the moment I don't have time for a meeting" should tell you everything you need to know...overly accomodating = I want to make you feel good about giving me your cash so you'll do it (and do it quickly) and not think twice about whether or not I'm lying.

5. RPHJR

RPHJR Enthusiast

Im sorry, but whoever falls for these scams, deserves to lose their money.

If you have a quality viper, you can take your car to any wholesaler,carmax,etc. And they'll pay you fair wholesale value for the car any day of the week. Why would someone sell a 08 viper for $40k? come on people.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  6. 98intrigue

98intrigue Viper Owner

I have an '06 Coupe, so I'm not looking to purchase anything. I just figured I'd post it up in case it was one of those "too good to be true" opportunities. I noticed the 2 different locations and the 1000 mile maintenance...figured it wasn't legit.

7. jpa99acr

jpa99acr Enthusiast

any time they reference an online payment method (escrow, google checkout, etc) 100% of the time its a scam.

8. ViperCobra

ViperCobra Viper Owner

scam for sure ...

9. Brian E

Brian E Viper Owner

I am sure this is a scam. I wonder if there is a way to contact the real owner of this Viper and let him know his car is being used. I wish I could use the vin # in the add to find out. Although it may not even be a valid vin #

10. NO HEMI

NO HEMI Viper Owner

SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I just checked and it says it has been suspended and is under revision!!

11. my viper

my viper enthusiast

If it is too good to be true....

12. khomes7

khomes7 Enthusiast

I took a chance, Cannot wait to get my new viper.....jk

13. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

What do you mean it's a scam... I just wired the money to Nigeria:lmao:

14. VYPR BYT 94

VYPR BYT 94 Viper Owner

I believe this was the original email below:

... The car is registered in my name and the title is clear (no lien). It is in great condition, no dents or scratches. It was always garaged and the regular maintenance was done in time. It wasn't involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. Also this is a non-smoker car. If you have any questions regarding the car just let me know! ...

Also, one more thing;
    I'm a Nigerian prince and my rich son Absalom died a week ago in South Africa and has left a grand fortune of 1,304,976,551 ZAR ($163.63 million USD). I cannot claim the entire sum myself because of my noble status in a foreign country, and the government will take the fortune for itself soon. Thus, I'm askingfor your help in transferring the money due to your excellent credit. In return, I will let you keep almost half of the sum ($75 million USD) for your kind efforts. :D

15. ACRucrazy

ACRucrazy Enthusiast

While you guys are all yelling scam, I just closed the deal of the century!

16. cashcorn

cashcorn Enthusiast

I got him down another 3k. hehehe..

17. ZZ SRT

ZZ SRT Viper Owner

I told him I would trade him a Bughatti Veyron for the Viper + 10k. Just send me the cash!

18. Voodoo Rob

Voodoo Rob Viper Owner

I gave away my 97 for 27k and wired a deposit, man I can't wait to show all you up with my new ride.

19. NO HEMI

NO HEMI Viper Owner

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Viper Owner

That Guy is a turd !
    At 40K we all know it's a scam.
    The Guy should have asked $ 58K and it would pass for a legit ad !!!! and probably sell

21. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

no dents, lol

22. Tail lights

Tail lights Viper Owner

I'm in Bellevue Washington right now. If someone gives me his phone number I will go check it out right now.

23. Green Viper

Green Viper Viper Owner

I am 10 minutes from Bellevue and can check it out if someone is serious and thinks it is worth a drive....

24. Timnineside

Timnineside Viper Owner

Sounds like a good deal......... lol...

25. bluesrt

bluesrt Viper Owner

im serious to find out if its a scam,or find the scammer and skin his hide

26. Tail lights

Tail lights Viper Owner

Someone send me his phone number ,I will flush him out like a duck.

27. Tail lights

Tail lights Viper Owner

Or I will buy his car

28. ssjcreeper

ssjcreeper Viper Owner

Someone ask them if it's seen rain. I hear the Gen IV had a problem with rust in the rear quarters and rockers. Prolly part of the 1k maintenance was having it Ziebarted. +1 for this owner!

29. robiferretti

robiferretti Enthusiast

Sold, I just bought it, anyone want to give me $45,000 for it?

Wire transfer to my Nigerian account required by first interested party.

30. ssjcreeper

ssjcreeper Viper Owner

That's a steal for a Gen IV!!! I'll give ya $50,000 for it. Who want to buy it from me for $55,000?