Gen 4 Optima Battery Option?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to determine which Optima Battery is appropriate for an "electronically stock" 2008 Viper. The Optima Website states:

Part Number: 25 (8025-160)

RedTop®; Battery; UNBOXED; Group 25; Cold Crank Amps 720; Crank Amps 910; Reserve Capacity 90; Ampere Hour 44; Top Terminal; L-9 5/16 in.; W-6 3/4 in.; H-7 5/8 in.

I've read that several folks prefer the Yellow top version, but I can't determine which Yellow top is appropriate (if any). Does anyone know which Yellow top part number would be the corresponding version?

I realize that many prefer other batteries, but I've got a voucher for a new Optima that I'd like to take advantage of before my time limit runs out.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Or...buy a Sears Die-Hard PLATINUM Group 34...perfect fit, great warranty, easy to find/return...about $189.00.
Took less than 15 min. to install in our members 2008 Coupe.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yellow Top is for starting and accessory loads. Red Tops are not designed for starting only.

True. Either battery will do just fine, but in the event that you park and listen to the radio, store your car often, or any number of similar things- Yellow is the way to go. It is capable of running accessories far longer than a Red while still starting the car, and is more resilient to being undercharged longer and discharged more deeply than the red-tops.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True. Either battery will do just fine, but in the event that you park and listen to the radio, store your car often, or any number of similar things- Yellow is the way to go. It is capable of running accessories far longer than a Red while still starting the car, and is more resilient to being undercharged longer and discharged more deeply than the red-tops.

Well, I can't figure out which one to order. Here's the spec sheet for all their red and yellow top batteries. At the bottom is the redtop that they recommend for a 2006-2008 Viper. Maybe someone else can tell me what's up :dunno::

batt_11.jpg

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
D34/78 is what I usually install, as hooking up Fuel Pumps is perfectly placed for the Side Terminals. You can however use the D34 without a problem instead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456