gen 4 rear O2 sensor simulator

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have the mopar PCM in my 09 ACR. my understanding is that they uniformly fail inspection/emissions due to rear O2 sensors not being recognized. is anyone aware of a rear 02 sensor simulator that would allow inspection/emissions to pass?

I plan on having my car dynoed / tuned this spring as well. when the computer chip is unlocked, can settings be changed to allow emissions to pass? just trying to find a permanent fix for this . I don't want to have to swap the computer chip out every time emissions comes up

any ideas anyone?

F

FrgMstr

If your state emissions inspection plugs the car into the OBDII sensor, it will not pass because it cannot be read, as the Mopar PCM is not street legal. This was my situation here in Texas. I remedied this by registering the car in a county in which I own property in (totally legal) that does not have emissions testing that is standard in larger population centers.

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mopar PCM does not set the IM Monitors required to pass emission tests in states that do plug in testing. Simulators will not help as the PCM simply does not perform the test on the rear O2s.

OP
OP
R

red heat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it sounds like switching out the performance PCM for the stock one is the easiest thing to do.

F

FrgMstr

Yeah, typically about 100 miles before the PCM sets back up to show that it was not just cleared to make inspection.