Gen 4 shifter thread pitch

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not had my Gen4 all that long, and I want to switch out the shifter. I am not satisfied with what is available. I have access to a lathe, however It would be helpful if someone knows what the stock thread pattern is for the base of it. It will end up as a billet shaft that is same specs as a stock short throw shifter with a common threaded top as to install any type of shifter wanted. If I can get a nice looking trial run. It may be something that can be " commonly made.

I know it's something small, but damn, Ive been searching for one and it appears that no one has made one yet. Time to fill a void. I love custom parts too, clean custom parts have to start somewhere. If I have missed a product that our fine viper accessories makers have made; please point me to it.

OP
OP
G

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you. I have a few ideas I am going to play with. perhaps an internal wiring run location for launch control built into the knob/extension. I hate exposed wiring, it looks unprofessional and tacky.

SRT09

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. I have a few ideas I am going to play with. perhaps an internal wiring run location for launch control built into the knob/extension. I hate exposed wiring, it looks unprofessional and tacky.

How are your running a launch control on a gen 4!

OP
OP
G

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Creativity and I have an understanding. It might be possible, or it will throw codes like mad. I have a few drag racing buddies that think it can be done. I'm just having a hard time wanting my car to be the Guinna pig. Then again they may also be on crack. Calling it launch control may be a misnomer. More of a combination of a adjustable rev limiter, line lock, and integrated release. Problem is if it works they way they described, it would be temperature sensitive to varying track conditions. It's only on the drawing board. One of the guys I work with was showing me a nifty little box he wired up, and it spawned the idea.

It's the brake controlling that I don't like. You have to be able to monitor the ABS wheel speed sensors and activate the rear brakes accordingly during a launch. It would involve a line lock LOCKING OUT the front brakes during launch, and pressurizing the rear brakes as needed to prevent wheel spin if the rear wheels are spinning at a rate of a certain percentage more than the front.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456