Gen 4 Thrust angle

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone know what the Thrust angle is from the factory? Same on both sides? I would assume Right is greater... Thanks in advance for help!

Ron Siegal

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
what?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know what the Thrust angle is from the factory? Same on both sides? I would assume Right is greater... Thanks in advance for help!

Ron Siegal
what are you trying to accomplish, forget about that,you want some alighnment specs? street, agressive street? race trac?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its alighnment tech talk- forget that statement -thrust angle- its just a confuseing name for people that dont do alighnments....lol----makeing shure the back wheels are in line with the front, like say the rear axle was crooked,well then it would not line up with the front, so the thrust angle would be off----but really its just a bull**** statement for the public for them to think its a big scary deal,so they can can floor your wallet... if the thrust angle is not inline,you cannot correctly perform a alighnment,just a half ass one..

Last edited:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im thinking a wise guy is trying to worm his way deep into his wallet with his scary big talk... maybe not.. if the car was never wrecked,or jumped like the duke boys, no worry- just alighn the car

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lmao:

I can guarantee you he is serious and this is a legitimate question...

(Ron, hope you don't mind the photos.....)

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok , well now that changes the whole ball game, race/drag car---- when they hook the heads up on your car,they will automaticly know if the thrust angle is correct or not,the screen will show them where and how much if any is not correct.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:

Whether that was talent or luck, great save from what could have been a very bad accident.

Nice garage and stable of cars Ron has.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, sorry! Just thought someone might be able to help me with a factory spec...it's not in the service manual, not trying to talk with fancy words...if you think for a second the rear wheels are following the front wheels your wrong. The factory wheels are mounted in rubber and move all over the place when you give the car throttle. And yes, the drag spin out was from not having enough negative preload, the car went left at the hit of the tires..low horsepower cars want to go right..high power goes left...If you want to find out if I am right..simply pull a string on the across the left rear tire of your Viper..tape it to 9 O' clock when looking at the wheel...walk to the front of the car and move the string inward to touch at 3 o'clock on the rear tire...your get an education on thrust angle. And yes, I re-sectioned the frame of the car..that's why the thrust angle needs to be checked and unfortunately, I don't have alignment heads..I was simply going to draw some lines on the floor use some basic trigonometry to calculate. My buddy Mike was nice enough to loan me a couple shocks so I could check things before welding in a cage, the front shocks were destroyed in the crash. Once the cage is in place, it would sorta be hard to move the frame around. Sorry for stirring up all the confusion! I am sure I will figure it out.....I can copy cat the 2010 from my 08.
I should have lifted in that Video..my wife wanted me to be the #1 quailfier...I leaned on it pretty hard..was lucky!

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think im talking a bout something differant,lol- sorry to jump the gun on you-i thought you wanted specs on how to set your front and rear axle straight on a street car.(how it came hard bound from factory)meaning all 4 wheels square with eachother..minus real spec adjustment. (not to mistake toe ,caster or camber)..my bad

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Viperizer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Please show me the string demonstration with a picture.

Light years ahead of ya..already figured it out, welded the frame section in place. back on four wheels....now for the next step. Gluing the inner fender in place, I am almost afraid to ask...does anyone have a tip on setting the height / thickness of glue? Besides pre-fitting hood and fender..

Thanks!

DSC0403a1.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte