Gen-4 Tuning System, Paxton Kit options... time for a head count. POLL INSIDE

Which Gen-4/5 Option are you interested in?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think most of the people here recognize what you state as reality being the truth, and that it's a different beast. We're just looking at the basics for what we want. From what I understand the other cars in this same range of years are also "locked" by Chrysler, and they have been cracked. I look forward to seeing what the fruits of your labor are. After seeing a 800hp viper in action, I want to start moving that route as well. Tuning seems to be the hard part now.

The problem is not so much the locked code, it is the reverse engineering of the code. Breaking the encryption is only a small part of the problem really. The Venom Controller absolutely can be "cracked" in that regard in one way or another. However, that is meaningless if the code is not reverse engineered, as that is the ticket for writing a new User Interface for tune creation. The Venom, while it shares some architecture with other PCMs in the Chrysler lineup, is not the same, and neither is its programming. The OE PCMs are not like the aftermarket where you have a standard PCM, and then program it for an application. The PCMs that they use in OE applications are based on similar designs, but physically altered for different applications, and then programmed independently with application specific software. In the end, they might share a basic board layout, a processor architecture, and a case+header design, and a few sub sections of cose, but thats about it. As a result, you cannot program a Venom controller with code based on the other PCMs that are in the lineup. We are talking millions of lines of code here, and total software development for the UI from scratch, completely independent of what is available elsewhere at the moment. That is a gigantic undertaking when you consider that the market is only about 4000 cars large for this product on a good day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just a quick update...

Most items relating to putting this all together are now sorted out. We met with one of the machine shops yesterday, and prototyping of the production version will be beginning very soon. As soon as an initial controller is built and all of the hardware is set in stone, we will be looking for a volunteer from somewhere in the NorthEast to go first, at a discount of course. If possible, we would like to locate someone who is willing to have (3) iterations developed on their car up to the Upgraded package level; from NA testing to see "what can be done" with the NA engine in standard format, to the base bolt on Paxton kit, and then be torn down for installation of new pistons and a few alternate components to increase the power further.

1MEANASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just mite have the car for you- 2010 toxic orange srt coupe-already has headers-hi flow cats- corsa exhaust- mopar PCM- arrow intake- and custom orange fuel rails.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Dan, awesome work! Can you comment on the mopar pcm and it's capabilities as compared to what you are working on? I have always been under the impression that other than avoiding codes and turning off the skip shift and raising the redline and idle some, the mopar pcm does little from a true performance perspective?

I have intake work, head work, full exhaust, and the mopar pcm on my 2009. Hope to get a baseline dyno here shortly to see what I'm really putting down.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan, awesome work! Can you comment on the mopar pcm and it's capabilities as compared to what you are working on? I have always been under the impression that other than avoiding codes and turning off the skip shift and raising the redline and idle some, the mopar pcm does little from a true performance perspective?

I have intake work, head work, full exhaust, and the mopar pcm on my 2009. Hope to get a baseline dyno here shortly to see what I'm really putting down.

Hello,

Completely different ballpark. Perhaps even country. Yes, that is true; the Mopar PCM eases up a few of the inherent problems with check engine lights, but it does next to nothing for actual tuning issues. The fact that is cannot be adjusted makes its value very low in the performance market.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep. Holidays have been a major pain in the ass, but 3D modeling and board design of the new controller are well underway, and the impossible-to-get SMD components are now in hand. I will be posting a teaser once the first prototype is in hand.

Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of realistic time line are you guys shooting for? lol considering selling my car

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Currently stalled in production until we get caught up on everything around here. The blasts of nice weather are causing regular surges in ordering, and its tough to keep on top of when it refuses to remain steady. We also have a few larger projects that need to be cleared up before I can dedicate the kind of time this product really needs to be finished up. Still have every intention of finishing ASAP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21