Gen 4 Viper Interior

8POINT3

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2006 Coupe, and it seems the interior panel of the car where the guages and radio are located, was painted by the previous owner in a pretty bad attempt to match the exterior color. If it isn’t a repaint, could someone give me insight as to why it’s a different color? I’d like to buy an OEM interior panel to keep the car as it came from the factory. Anyone know of any reputable places to buy from?

Attachments

• A7C822B0-756E-40FA-8279-E62F6FFAB339.jpeg
    A7C822B0-756E-40FA-8279-E62F6FFAB339.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
8POINT3

8POINT3

VCA Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Also, i’m looking to replace the cigarette lighter cover as well, seems to be another hard to find item.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
8POINT3, its a repaint. They either came in black or an optional silver like finish. Before you ditch those parts, you might want to have them painted professionally.

The good news is that 2003-2010 parts will fit your '06. Ebay, and the various facebook sites may have good used ones for sale. there are also a few viper parts dismantlers

The correct names for the parts you need are;

Bezel-Instrument Panel This is the upper center panel

BEZEL Console Shifter this is the shifter surround

ASHTRAY-Floor Console The ashtray insert (I think there are other dodge products that use this too?)

Good luck, I definitely would try to have them painted before you look to buy those 2 panels, good luck!! Mike

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, I think it was a pretty common mod to have them paint matched to the exterior. They are a satin like finish stock (like the rest of the dash) and were somewhat "soft touch" paint. I don't think it puts up very well with lots of use and since that is where your arm sits and drags all the time when shifting I think it has a tendency to get pretty grungy looking. The shifter console more than the center one for sure, but I always liked the look of some color in there. It also just helps to brighten up the interior a bit as when black everywhere it's a little bland. I get wanting to put it totally back to stock as well though. No wrong answer either way. Could always have two sets as well since you already have what is in your car. Like redtanrt10 said, could always try to have yours repainted, even if you get a nice used original piece.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave