GEN 5 ECU

VNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think with the new Gen 5 coming out soon tuners will finally put time and effort to break into the ecu of the gen 4 ? :eater:

VNM

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Gen-5 coming out does not change the game for the Gen-4 cars. The Gen-5 has its own set of hurdles relative to the controller and new bus system used in the car. Overall, I would anticipate things being more difficult, not simpler in the Gen-5 both from the OEM controller and retrofit aftermarket perspective, and no net change for Gen-4 customers.

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So someone spoke to Ralph in NYC and he hinted he'd consider releasing the codes for the gen 4

I always assumed it was not up to SRT, that it was an EPA thing. So if allowed, then why not?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So someone spoke to Ralph in NYC and he hinted he'd consider releasing the codes for the gen 4

I always assumed it was not up to SRT, that it was an EPA thing. So if allowed, then why not?

Mopar has the upper hand in the aftermarket parts market because of how difficult it is to deal with Gen-4 and 5 cars. I doubt they will give up this advantage, because as soon as they do, the aftermarket will walk all over them.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it so easy on the Vettes?

They've had their own set of hurdles, but look at it from a numbers perspective...if a company invests a good deal of time and money into cracking the PCM on a Vette, they stand to get a decent return on that initial investment since there are so many out there with owners that are willing to modify them. There just weren't many Gen IV Vipers made, and there aren't a lot of those owners that are willing to mod them beyond what the Mopar ECU can already handle...doesn't sound like a good business case.

Reaction score
I would be willing to bet that the Mopar off road PCM will still be a viable option for the Gen5 cars, SRT knows what we like.