Gen I and Roe - anyone done it yet?

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a S/C in my Gen 1. I am waiting for the final touches that should be done by this friday. I will take some pics and post it. All I can say is...you gotta get one.
Be

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put one two weeks ago. While I was at it I put gen 2 head gaskets on. It took most of a day, and what a difference. It is a great install and it runs SUPER. The car is a 94 R/T 10. I would highly reccomend it. :2tu:

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 2 head gaskets WILL NOT WORK on a Gen 1. The updated Gen 1 (2 ply metal) is what you need.
P.S. they are 2-3 times the cost of Gen 2 gaskets $900 from the dealer. Call Jon B.

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gen 2 head gaskets WILL NOT WORK on a Gen 1. The updated Gen 1 (2 ply metal) is what you need.
P.S. they are 2-3 times the cost of Gen 2 gaskets $900 from the dealer. Call Jon B.

Yep. A sure screw job by the boys at DC. Once again, a sub-standard product that they realize is failing, but they Viper TAX the ***** out of us!!!! Gee, I just cannot wait until my low-miles 95 RT needs this work done. .... NOT!!!!!!!! :middle finger aimed at DC:

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,
With the forged internals of Gen I, could you go higher boost (assuming good gas was available.... which it isn't in CA!)

Also, any dyno results from any of the Gen I guys?
Thanks for the replies so far! Now I just need to sell some of my company products so that I can buy some Viper stuff!

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Gen I and Roe - Pics

Gen 1 ROE Viper in AZ:

48gen1sc.jpg

48gen1sc2.jpg

S

SUN RA KAT

I have a question about the Roe Supercharged logos on the side of the intake tubes - Where did you get them?

I sure think they would look good on mine.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The gains are modest compared to the numbers the paxton guys are getting, but this Roe supercharger is the best looking of all the superchargers out there.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Isn't that because of the amount of boost those guys are running? If that is true, then, when Roe comes out with the intercooler system, we can run higher boost and get similar numbers.
Just a thought...

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The gains are modest compared to the numbers the paxton guys are getting, but this Roe supercharger is the best looking of all the superchargers out there.

While I agree that the results are relatively modest, I was thinking that some of the torque monster Gen I's might be making some pretty big numbers. Mine was/is not one of the real high stock torque numbers, but I thought there may be some 550HP/600TQ Gen I's out there w/ Roe.

Marv - Thanks for the pics. Very cool! I would love a similar setup w/ black valve covers and intake tubes, w/ polished kit.

XLR8 (or anyone else) dyno results? Track results?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have a question about the Roe Supercharged logos on the side of the intake tubes - Where did you get them?

I sure think they would look good on mine.

Call Sean, he has them in stock, black, red, and brushed aluminum

FLX109

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

you're welcome.

That Viper is in Dallas at VOI. Yellow BumbleBee with AZ plates.

Marv - Thanks for the pics. Very cool! I would love a similar setup w/ black valve covers and intake tubes, w/ polished kit.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"The gains are modest compared to the numbers the paxton guys are getting"

What #'s are Paxton guys are getting with similar boost? How much is under the curve and how much is peak? I'm thinking dollar for dollar and boost to boost the Roe blower should send a Paxton car packing. Other thing is, who is running a Paxton on a "stock" motor? Most guys are putting huge $ into internals and paying a tuner more than the price of a Roe to dial it in. Not knocking the Paxton for a second, but I think with the same boost the Roe is a better "street" blower.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is the difference in price of the two Roe vs. Paxton ?
Paxtons, I have heard are around 15 grand while Roes are around $7,200. Paxton does give you more hp and tq but the service sux from what I have heard from other people. Call Sean and he will help you no matter what. As soon as I get my gen1 blower installed I will post my dyno #'s. I am going with an 8# pulley and I cannot wait!! :D :D

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other thing is, who is running a Paxton on a "stock" motor? Most guys are putting huge $ into internals and paying a tuner more than the price of a Roe to dial it in.

Matt's (BlownGTS) old car went 9's on a stock engine. And as far as I know the engine is still stock .

UnderGround Racing has that Paxton working very well. I bet the new owner of the car will be very happy with it too.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed, Matt's car put up huge #'s on a basically stock GenII. But with over 2x the boost and intercooled and I would guess tuning cost about the price of 3 Roe systems. He was looking for like $75k for a $50k car. More there than just a Paxton. Either way, he got serious #'s out of that car.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, Matt's car put up huge #'s on a basically stock GenII. But with over 2x the boost and intercooled and I would guess tuning cost about the price of 3 Roe systems. He was looking for like $75k for a $50k car. More there than just a Paxton. Either way, he got serious #'s out of that car.

You are so wrong there. The very reasonable cost of UGR's work will shock most people.

Maybe Matt will chime in here.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm exaggerating about "tuning" costs. I would very interested to hear some real #'s. When I see these cars put out big HP it seems that there is always a catch. Like I run race fuel, thousands in computer upgrades, thousands in fuel system upgrades, headwork that costs more than the blower etc. I know Matt's car was supposed to have had minimal upgrades. But again for 75K, there was more than a Paxton on there. I mean, you normally are doing good to get back 50% for upgrades, right?

Maybe some tuners could give us some legit package deals to compare showing ALL upgrades needed to safely get there. I would be happy to get 600HP for about 10K installed (GenI).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang