GEN II aftermarket hard tops?

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did all of you guys with Jeff's top lower your seats? I'm 5'11" and am planning on getting one, I just hadn't considered the need to lower my seat.

I'm 6'0 and did not find it necessary to lower my seat with Jeff's top.

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a few shots of my trunktop...It's been a while getting it completed, but we had a few fitment issues to work through.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have been looking at hard top options. One of the VCA members said he had to take out the trim piece that runs across where the back of the flush hardtop fits. Is that true with the top that Jeff offers?

Thanks.

Peter

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have been looking at hard top options. One of the VCA members said he had to take out the trim piece that runs across where the back of the flush hardtop fits. Is that true with the top that Jeff offers?

Thanks.

Peter

Pete if you're refering to the sports bar then yes that comes out. I had my top off for the Marcus dairy run but I own the one piece and I'm getting the three piece this winter.

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete if you're refering to the sports bar then yes that comes out. I had my top off for the Marcus dairy run but I own the one piece and I'm getting the three piece this winter.

As Mad Max states, Jeff's trunktop uses a replacement sports bar (included). It is designed to be easily removed with thumb knobs, so that the original sports bar can be re-installed with little effort. You will also install retainer sleeves with thumb screws into the original sports bar to enable it's quick removal/installation. Jeff has had feedback stating that the replacement sports bar isn't as attractive, so he provides this solution for when the trunktop won't be needed for your drive/trip/whatever.

This picture shows the retainer sleeves with thumb screws installed in the original sports bar (picture taken from underneath)...
You must be registered for see images

This picture shows the replacement sports bar attached with 4 thumb screws...

Last edited:
OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that someone asked for a picture of the Jeff Lemke 3-piece trunktop stored in the trunk, but I haven't been able to find that thread/post, so I'm adding the pictures here...

Here are his storage bags (I added the viper logos)...as you can see, the viper logo is in the middle of my bags...

This is the top view, as you can see from the position of the logo, it is tucked into the left side of the trunk...

This is a lower view showing them stacked...

The tops tucked into the left side of the trunk...

A little room left in the right side of the trunk (for my front license plate holder and some microfiber towels with a little more space...

DeLViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are sweet, debating whether to get those or the Autoform hardtop....hmmmm

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that someone asked for a picture of the Jeff Lemke 3-piece trunktop stored in the trunk, but I haven't been able to find that thread/post, so I'm adding the pictures here...

Here are his storage bags (I added the viper logos)...as you can see, the viper logo is in the middle of my bags...

This is the top view, as you can see from the position of the logo, it is tucked into the left side of the trunk...

This is a lower view showing them stacked...

The tops tucked into the left side of the trunk...

A little room left in the right side of the trunk (for my front license plate holder and some microfiber towels with a little more space...

that was me,

thanks for posting those pics, very helpful. was also able to find pics (later) of the top in trunk on their site, but yours are better

may i ask, the what and where of your viper logos (sign shop?) and details about your trunk deck :D

very nice, thanks again

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a local shop...Instant Imprints...for the logos. I got the trunk mat from JonB ($129)...I also have matching floor mats ($159). The mats aren't heavy duty or flimsy, more medium duty...pictures of the trunk mat...

that was me,

thanks for posting those pics, very helpful. was also able to find pics (later) of the top in trunk on their site, but yours are better

may i ask, the what and where of your viper logos (sign shop?) and details about your trunk deck :D

very nice, thanks again

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The golf clubs have to go in the passenger seat when the top is in the trunk. The golf bag does fit in the trunk, but I have to take the driver, 3-wood and 5-wood out of it and put them in seperately :D.

Looks great !!!!!

But you will have trouble getting those golf clubs in the trunk:dunno::dunno::D