Gen III Seats in a Gen I Car ( I did search)

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From my search it seems like it can be done but I only found someone that "thought" they'd seen it. I really like the look of the gen III seats and the bolster on the gen 1's don't hold you in that great in hard corners. It looks like the gen III's are much more pronounced and would hold you in the seat better :dunno: Does anyone have any experience with this swap? Is it just a straight bolt in/out job? I see seats on ebay from time to time, plus the black/gray combo color would look great in my gen 1 with the black / gray color especially now that I re-did the dash into a flat black. Thanks for any info.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The side bolsters are almost too big to allow you to get in and out of the car. It has been done but the sides were an issue.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Dave and Steve, you can get them in but you probably won't like the compromises. Tried to jam a set of sparco torino's in my gen II, they fit but they didn't work. Similar to Dave, found a set of beat up seats and had them re-covered, these are sparco cloth material in black and red.

acr_interior.jpg