Gen III seats in a Gen I

R

RTED

Has anyone installed Gen III seats in a Gen 1? Any fit issues?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread on this a while back, but I believe it was a GEN2. Did you search?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They fit, I just think they look odd in an RT/10 because they come up almost even with the sport pad. They look better in the GTS.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They definitely fit, but as stated above look kind of awkward. This is espcially true for the RT.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of them in a GTS. I had a pic or two of them in an RT, but I cant find them at the moment. Maybe someone else can chime in and post a pic if they have one with them in an RT.

You must be registered for see images

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put aftermarket "Rice Burner" seats in my Gen 1. Had custom mounting brackets made and for less than $300.00 have a really nice look. My wife complained that the leather seats burned her legs when she wore short shorts aka "hot pants" in the summer with the top off. She loves the nylon look and feel.

They were a very nice inexpensive upgrade. Can send pics if you like. When they start to look bad, I'll just get a new set for a few hundred dollars. A custom look at a bargain price.

Ivory

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember SnakeBitten (Gerald) had them in his black RT/10. I am not sure if his picture gallery is still up, he hasn't been around here or the Alley for a good two years now it seems.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember SnakeBitten (Gerald) had them in his black RT/10. I am not sure if his picture gallery is still up, he hasn't been around here or the Alley for a good two years now it seems.

Gerald sold his RT a while back. In fact, DodgeVipersForsale had it not too long ago. That was the first RT I had seen them in. His stuck up right to the top of the sport bar.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are my seats there. Not sure if anyone has installed them in a Gen I but like others have said, they are quite a bit taller then the Gen II seats and come pretty close to the level of the sport bar on the RT10

Heres a pic of them in a GTS. I had a pic or two of them in an RT, but I cant find them at the moment. Maybe someone else can chime in and post a pic if they have one with them in an RT.

You must be registered for see images

Here are a couple of pics to show the height differences between the Gen I and Gen II seats.

2827viperseat002.JPG

2827viperseat001.jpg

Here's a pic of Gerald's car with the stock seats.

3623May_2003_pic_14.jpg