Gen V ALMS

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before but here's a nice little blurb with lots of new hi-res pictures of the GTS/R

http://www.egarage.com/car-profiles/srt-viper-gts-r/

" a few photos from our time with the Viper GTS-R at Road America" Testing? Road America is a short way from Detroit. But I thought that Road Atlanta would get more play as it is just down the road from Riley's.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" a few photos from our time with the Viper GTS-R at Road America" Testing? Road America is a short way from Detroit. But I thought that Road Atlanta would get more play as it is just down the road from Riley's.

It'll be there in Oct. :)

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the ALMS news letter:

"June 14 VIR Open Test, Live Timing and Scoring will be available."

Will the Viper be there? ;)

It's just up the road from Riley.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pic wasn't so much news.... but the Message.
@Bethparretta is heading to Le Mans with a GTS/R

yeah, it will be on display over there. I'm sure it will get some TV coverage.

I just can't believe they are spending the $$$ to get the car over there and not doing any kind of testing.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The tweet says they are going to 'taste' Le Mans, so I would presume they are running some laps. According to Kuno, they are doing a LOT of testing.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*****UPDATE*****

The latest predicted schedule for the 2012 season:
----------------------------------------------------------------

March 18 - American Le Mans Series Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring - Sebring, FL

April 14 - Tequila Patron American Le Mans Series at Long Beach - Long Beach, CA

May 13 -Mazda Raceway Laguna SECA - Monterey, CA

July 7 - Lime Rock Park - Lakeville, CT

July 22 - Mosport International Raceway - Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

August 4 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Lexington, OH

August 19 - Road America - Elkhart Lake, WI

September 2 - Baltimore - Baltimore, MD

September 16 - Virginia International Raceway - Danville, VA

October 21 - Road Atlanta - Braselton, GA

BUMP.

Since the other thread that was unnecessarily created since this one was still active, and then had off topic discussion and bickering causing it to be closed. Enough already about those wanting our new Viper to look like a LeMansRacecar. There are plenty threads on that in the GenV section for you to converse on. Please keep this thread on topic so it can continue to inform us of the current situation of the new GTS-R in the AmericanLeMans Series.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone hasn’t already, there should be a thread created parallel in the "VCA Viper Events and Gatherings" & the regional forum section(Ohio) to get info to people on what will be going down for the GTS-R's first showing @ MidOhio.