Gen V wheels fitting Gen IV viper?

Harley-Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Gen V wheels fit Gen 4? I see that the fronts on gen V are 10.5" wide vs gen 4 are at 10". And the rears are the same size. If not, why?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bolt pattern is identical.

OEM Gen 5 wheels: rear offset/backspacing should be identical. Front offset/backspacing is not…the extra 0.5” was added to the outside of the front wheels to account for the wider Gen 5 fenders. Gen 5 fronts will fit earlier generation Vipers, but will sit flush or maybe even a little to the outside of the Gen 3/4 fenders…this will make the rears seem too tucked for some, but that can be fixed with spacers to bring the rears out a little.

Aftermarket Gen 5 wheels: most aftermarket Viper wheels will fit flush with the fenders. For the rears, this shouldn’t be an issue (i.e., you should be able to run them on a Gen 3/4 without issue). The fronts, however, would be an issue. Aftermarket Gen 5 front wheels with an aggressive offset will most definitely sit too far outside for a Gen 3/4. I guess you could run some sweet mud flaps or something, but it wouldn’t be my first choice.

Bottom line: many Gen 3/4 owners have successfully swapped to OEM Gen 5 wheels. If you want to run aftermarket Gen 5 Viper wheels with aggressive offsets, I wouldn’t personally do it due to the typical front offsets chosen for that specific application (the lips would end up well beyond the edges of the Gen 3/4 front fenders).

Make sense?

Badsnek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will Gen V wheels fit Gen 4? I see that the fronts on gen V are 10.5" wide vs gen 4 are at 10". And the rears are the same size. If not, why?
Stock Gen 5 wheels, yes. I can't speak for aftermarket ones. I have had Gen 5 wheels on my Gen 3 and I currently have Gen 5 wheels on my Gen 1.

FoxyChicken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Gen 5 wheels on my Gen 4. The tire sizes are stock Gen 4 sizes and the wheel and tire are pretty much flush with the fenders. With that said, if you need tires I think you’ll have to buy stock sizes otherwise the tire will either rub the fender when the suspension is doing its thing or they’ll poke outside the fender and look ridiculous.

Attachments

• 1-73-83747-scaled.jpeg
    1-73-83747-scaled.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1-9-1-83230-scaled.jpeg
    1-9-1-83230-scaled.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 5

viperBase1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dittos here. GenV Sidewinders on my '08 GenIV.

You must be registered for see images attach