Gene, here's your Corsa track exhaust sound.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Gene, here\'s your Corsa track exhaust sound.

Umm, now that's what I'm talkin about - very nice sound. I was going to not touch the exhaust & focus on other things, but I can't take it - with the chance to change the UPS truck sound into something like, it's my moral obligation to do it.

Dave.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ab, the Corsa Track has been known to move around and come loose. Did you do anything special to prevent this?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam

Sounds very good-much better than I thought with stock cats. Now it makes me wonder how it would sound with hi flow or no cats.

My wife ask me how exhaust would sound - I told her "honey it will sound sweet"-she said -"umm thats what you said when you took the mufflers off your other car a few years ago-remember honey". :D :D

Thanks for keeping me posted

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Ab, the Corsa Track has been known to move around and come loose. Did you do anything special to prevent this?

Yes.

put a couple of spot welds on the end of the pipe where the cats meet up with the corsa after you made the adjustments. Then make sure your rear hanger is secure and tight. Don't over tighten them because you will break the bolts.

Now the Corsa comes with a nut that screws on the end of the hanger on the rear. This will prevent the corsa from moving side to side. Since the pipe is welded it will not rotate. The rear hanger with the nut will reduce the side to side movement. And by making sure the two 13mm hanger bolts are secure your corsa should stay in place and not move.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes.

put a couple of spot welds on the end of the pipe where the cats meet up with the corsa after you made the adjustments. Then make sure your rear hanger is secure and tight. Don't over tighten them because you will break the bolts.

Now the Corsa comes with a nut that screws on the end of the hanger on the rear. This will prevent the corsa from moving side to side. Since the pipe is welded it will not rotate. The rear hanger with the nut will reduce the side to side movement. And by making sure the two 13mm hanger bolts are secure your corsa should stay in place and not move.

Geeze you sound like a doctor getting ready to do reconstructive heart surgery, Guess well start calling you Dr. Ab :D

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes.

Very good. I gotta bookmark this one. :cool:

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DMan-I like that reason

"My moral obligation to do it". Ill have to remember that one. Lets see--I firmly believe it is my moral obligation to get a SC. Ime feeling good and moral about it now.

This time a year ago I would have never thought that at my age that I would have a 510 hp Viper and look for even more ways to increase tht hp. I cant believe this--going out to a certain strip where one can run their cars ,and taking on some of those young whipper snappers and beat the tar out of them with my Viper. I ought to be ashame of myself. But Oh Oh does it make me feel so good ,not moral but good. I am :evilmad: about this Viper.

Hurry up Adam and get it done--Ime ready to go man.

BTW Fantastic work on my Snake. Again you dont know how I appreciate you not only doing the work but in the process keeping me posted on every thing that is done with pics and the whole bit. And thanks for taking it to the dodge dealer for warranty work on side glass problem :2tu:

wbexxon

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does the nut on the hanger have to be tight or just tightend enough to touch the rubber isolator? I had mine installed by a reputable dealer that specializes in Vipers (wont say who) and it burnt the paint off the rockers. I readjusted everything so the tips were sticking out about an 1/8 inch it seems to be ok now but I wasnt sure about the nut on the hanger.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not for sure on this--pm Ab he will advise.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds sweet!!! :2tu: How much louder is the Corsa versus stock? What about idle...do you have a vid of that?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The exhaust sounds much better in person. It has a very good rumble. I would say about 30% louder than stock.

Just returned from somernights cruise in somerset ky and the exhaust sound got some very positive comments.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala