GENERATION 4 ?

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stumbled across this 'Viper Spoof'of some supposed Spy Pix in the magazine 'AUTOMOBILE' April '03 :eek:

213Viper2-med.jpg

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, let's see...

Daimler-Benz + Chrysler - this is simply the eventual literal combination of the two!

You must be registered for see images

+

You must be registered for see images attach

=

213Viper2-med.jpg

The only issue remaining: will they call it SRT-300 or not?
;)

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think they should build this mid-engined PhotoChop as the next GTS. Hell, go all mid-engine for a Gen 4, keep things interesting.

Ron Weickart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Not only did I do the mid-engine SRT in the secret corporate garage 'sketch" that was posted here, but more to point, I also did a rendition of the "Gullwing Viper", SIX YEARS ago, back in 1997...

How do I post a pix of the "evidence"?

Also I have MANY other "sketches" that I have done over the years for the NY/CT regional newsletter, including other earlier mid-engine sketches. But I definitely printed the "Viper SL800 Gullwing" a long time ago in the NY/CT VCA newsletter...

Ron Weickart
VCA member #194

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats BAD A$$! I think the mid-engine idea would be a really nice change. Im not to sure about that downward scoop in the front though (like the Ferrari F-50). I bet it would look even better without the wing as well. Why cant they just make a streetable Comp Coupe version? I think scissor doors would look better then gullwings. Could you imagine scissor doors on a Viper? Especially on the GEN 1-2, that would be a sight to behold. If I remember correctly, there is a company (cant remember the name) that will modify any doors, on any car to open like the Lamborghinis. And I believe that in the magazine I had read it in, they had said that they also did Vipers this way. Anyone every really seen this done?

Austin

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen it on a Viper, but I've seen it on other cars like Civics and such in import mags, but the cleanest one I saw was in a Mustang 5.0 magazine cover car.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron, I have several of those pictures on CD somewhere. I can repost them if you want (I posted them for you about two years ago on the previous VCA board). They're damned cool and worth another look.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve Ferguson posted your mid engine one here a few years back, It was so close to some styling sketches that Dodge had done that they thought it was "stolen" :) Since it was based on the Gen II GTS, I liked it the best of the mid-engine proposals so far.

Just so all know, there was consideration for the Gen III Viper to be mid engined. I spent many hours with one of the Team Viper engineers that was pushing hard for it. The issue was the same one Ford is finding, to do a mid-engine tansaxle is very expensive (hence the 150K and rising sticker of the GT) and the extreme NVH (noise-vibration-harseness) problems. In the end, those are what killed the mid-engined Viper... there was no desire to have to double its price.

Ron, I think my favorite one of yours was the hauler/truck.

Not sure if I can find them, but I know I backed them all up at one time when they were on the old-old version of the NY-CT VCA web site.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Not only did I do the mid-engine SRT in the secret corporate garage 'sketch" that was posted here, but more to point, I also did a rendition of the "Gullwing Viper", SIX YEARS ago, back in 1997...

Also I have MANY other "sketches" that I have done over the years for the NY/CT regional newsletter, including other earlier mid-engine sketches. But I definitely printed the "Viper SL800 Gullwing" a long time ago in the NY/CT VCA newsletter...

Ron Weickart
VCA member #194

Very clever creation there, Ron. Looks awesome! You gots skills. *grin*

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The mid engine and lambo doors are nice but not required for me, but I'd be a dog in heat to buy a Gen 4 that looked like the PhotoChop red/white viper. [******] fine looking car. I'd possibly take this over Pamela Anderson.....no, just reconsidered, but the car would be a close 2nd. DC, build this car!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi