Germantown, MD area NEED help finding someone to mount my new tires....HELP

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my tires ordered and shipped to Mr Tire who says "yea no problem" we can do it.....then 4 days later they say there is NO way they can. Now Im on the hunt for anyone who can mount these tires in my area and do it correctly.

Dealers are all saying they cant do it and pass me along to another dealer. Any help??????

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ez, I sent you an email.

I had mine done by Mr. Tire in Pasadena, near Jason Heffner's shop. They have the Hunter road force machine and the Hunter mounting machine. They took care of my 19" HRE's and Pirelli P-zero's with no problem. Supposedly all of the Mr. Tire shops have these machines now. The guy that owns Mr. Tire is also a Viper owner.

Did they tell you why they couldn't mount them?

Also, I was told by the local dealer that Reed Brothers Dodge or Colonial Dodge in Rockville/Bethesda has the Hunter equipment. I don't know if they can do it or not.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not all the Mr Tire stores are Viper-friendly. Gary's pointed you to one which can do it. Taking the Viper in for tire replacement can be traumatic, since you don't want some idiot putting a jack under a side sill and screwing up your car. I would seriously consider removing the wheels at home and just taking them and the new tires in to Mr Tire. I believe it is Colonial Dodge who has the Hunter GPS9700. You can find a Hunter 9700 at their web site, http://www.hunter.com

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
re Gary and Ron and Mr Tire owner/Viper owner, I had my
left rear tire replaced and all mounting and balancing at the Ellicott City/Rt 40 Mr. Tire. That's where Mr. Tire exec
guided me, right equipment, skilled people. Good Job Mr. Tire !
(and thanks again Ron for help!)
Even got road hazard for all four tires, including the three
original factory tires for VERY good price ($60 for all four).

(btw - Va/Md Annual Crab Feast and Cruise Annapolis - June 8th !
be THERE!)

Mark F

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had tires for my '97 GTS successfully installed and balanced at "Tire Village Inc" (410-879-0670), Main Street in Bel Air, last month. They are located about 10 minutes off I-95. Mark

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr Tire is a member of our local club! Look up Joe Tomarchio in your club member list. Call him at work, and he will send you to the right shop, and have the manager take care of you. I had a tire patched there yesterday, and it was an excellent experience.

Not all of their shops have the right equipment yet. They are going through a remodel process, and upgrading to the newest hunter equipment as the stores get remodeled. The rockville store is underway now. That's pretty close to you.

-Andy

OP
OP
E

ezgoinn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all your help with this. Mr Tire in Gaithersburg accordining to a fella named "FD" says he couldnt do the wheels "NO way" he said. Hearing him say "NO way" made me cringe since one of his co-workers had told me 4 days earlier "NO problem at all" and thats why I had the tires sent there. Guess from now on Ill ask several staff members before i feel I have the correct and true answer. I wasnt a happy camper.

Anyhow, called several other places including 5 seperate dealers and only dealer besides one in Silver Spring who says they can do it is Fitzgerald Auto Mall in Frederick, MD and they have a Viper tech. Ive gone through the trouble of getting the tires sent up to Fitzgerald and I have a 7am appointment Monday to have them installed. Stay tuned on how that goes and what kind of job they do.

Again thanks for all the input.