Gold Viper Model

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at an old toy store this weekend and saw a gold viper model that was
built in Spain... are these worth collecting???

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't tell you if it'll be worth more money in some years down the road. I have a personal rule that I follow, this may help: if it looks good, you like it, and it's in good condition, get it. If not, then you don't have to worry about it.

OP
OP
D

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't personnaly collect any of the cars... I was just curious if it was
a hard one to get and desirable collectable to you guys that do collect cars.

I don't think its a car that you would ever find in a toys r us or any store
for that matter.

If I remember correctly I think it was made by VAT ??? and comes in its own
display case and the car itself is about 4 inches and looks to be gold plated,
not gold painted.

Thanx

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just FYI, I've never seen one of these models, although I think I have seen pics of a gold plated-looking Viper in 1:43 scale. I also have never heard of that company. So it does appear those cars are hard to find, but I honestly don't have knowledge on its collectability.
I collect a lot of automotive model cars. I collect mostly 1:43 and 1:18. I have a bunch of Johnny Lightnings, ranging from Vipers (I have ~ 10), to hot rods, to muscle cars. I have about 60 1:18 scale cars (11 Vipers, a few Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Fords). I do most of my collective shopping in Toys R Us, K.B. Toys, and now branching off to a hobby store since it's close to home. I may be going there tonight and I can see if I can dig up any general information for you and the rest of the model collecting world.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

In my opinion these model can possibly be worth something later on. I am a collector as well as a seller and I have worked with several gold, chrome, and nickel plated models. We have made a 1/12 Scale Viper in Chrome and also in Standox Color Changing paint. These models because of the rarity will hold their value. It all depends on the market, of course if the market stinks then no one wants to buy collectibles but when the market is good people have extra money to spend on these collectibles and they buy many items.

Hope this helps

Have a great day

Keith

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4