Good deal on new TA or not?

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What do you guys think about this offer.
I have a 2001 solid yellow GTS ACR with 980 miles only, and car is in perfect condition. I sold my 2008 Viper recently and I am considering buying a TA. I was offered to trade in my 2001 ACR plus 55k for a new TA. What do you think? I suspect that I can do much better if I decide to sell the ACR myself and then buy a TA. What is your opinion?

SR

jjrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
uh…i guess there's a few '14 TAs still around ? i wonder if you can use that $15K coupon on it….or was that only given to gen5 buyers ?
i paid $113K for mine a few months back…. i hear the TAs are a bit more 'holding value' but…. if a dealer still has it this time of the year…. heck, i'd think $100K would be a good deal…. as to the new ACR… i don't know but i'm sure priv. party sale is much better as typical….

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've heard a number of people say they got their brand new TAs between $93-$100k. That puts the value of your ACR around $40-$45k. Way too low IMO.

Last edited:

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've har a number of people say they got their brand new TAs between $93-$100k. That puts the value of your ACR around $40-$45k. Way too low IMO.

+1 Several of us have recently bought new TA's in the mid 90's. Not sure about Cali, but in Indiana, your trade in saves you 7% sales tax.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've har a number of people say they got their brand new TAs between $93-$100k. That puts the value of your ACR around $40-$45k. Way too low IMO.

But, the ACR could take many months to find someone looking for a collector show car in order to sustain a premium asking price; which, I agree is its "value." However, mid-upper 40s is probably reasonable for a non-collector mileage; but, low mileage (5-10k mile) car that someone would drive often, and where there is a larger group of buyers. So, it depends on the seller's financial and garage situation and desire to have the next great toy while he has the health, desire, and motivation. My 2 cents.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But, the ACR could take many months to find someone looking for a collector show car in order to sustain a premium asking price; which, I agree is its "value." However, mid-upper 40s is probably reasonable for a non-collector mileage; but, low mileage (5-10k mile) car that someone would drive often, and where there is a larger group of buyers. So, it depends on the seller's financial and garage situation and desire to have the next great toy while he has the health, desire, and motivation. My 2 cents.

Definitely. But I'd at least try to sell on open market for a few weeks. If no bites, then you can make the call to trade in. There may be someone looking for a ACR - and with not even a 1000 miles, definitely collector status

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the problem is that these aren't really collector cars..the Gen 2 ACR only had upgraded shocks and wheels which are very expensive to replace, so if its been sitting could be a hard sell. It will be esp hard to see in yellow without stripes. i would just negotiate with other dealers and trade it for the best money you can get, and be happy right away! just my 2c.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your current car is a 2001. The deal you are being offered is fair. The T.A. is a desirable car. Are you sure that it will still be there if you wait?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard a number of people say they got their brand new TAs between $93-$100k. That puts the value of your ACR around $40-$45k. Way too low IMO.

Nah, it's not a bad deal. The dealer will not have an easy time selling that car, nobody cares about Gen 2 ACR'S from a value added standpoint, in fact they are more likely to have failures (shocks).
Plus yellow. Low miles is great but there's no collector car market for that car.
Basically you're paying about 95-97K for the TA, that's good. The dealer has to make some money on it and he won't get more than 48K or so.

OP
OP
S

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your input. I think I will hold off on trading my GTS for now and possibly buy a Gen V next year depending on my financial situation (and keep my Gen 2). I love the body style on the
Gen 2 and I think they are the coolest looking car. When I purchased it a few years ago, my plan was to save it for my son when he becomes a mature adult.

ACPERFORMANCE, BTW, the TA is white

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your input. I think I will hold off on trading my GTS for now and possibly buy a Gen V next year depending on my financial situation (and keep my Gen 2). I love the body style on the
Gen 2 and I think they are the coolest looking car. When I purchased it a few years ago, my plan was to save it for my son when he becomes a mature adult.

ACPERFORMANCE, BTW, the TA is white

I'd suggest driving the ACR a little to enjoy it before giving it to your son. 980 miles in 13 years is just criminal :)